I am going to experience something tomorrow that I have dreamed about for 7 years...maybe longer. My wonderful family is having a baby shower for me! :) As the days creep closer and closer the more excited I get. It's almost like Christmas when I was a child ~ and reminds me of that commercial about the kids trying to sleep before going on a vacation to Disneyland "I can't sleep....I'm too excited to sleep!"
The onset of this baby shower planning brought with it a myriad of emotions....excitement, nervousness (not a fan of being the center of attention), sadness, joy, resentment, overwhelming appreciation, a flooding of memories thinking about where I was this time last year, and pure love. The situation is not what I dreamed of for the last several years....I don't have a big belly to proudly show off, I didn't get to pick out the "cutest" maternity outfit, I don't have ultrasound photos to share with everyone, or have that beautiful pregnancy glow, our baby doesn't get to be a part of it...he's several hundred miles away in someone else's womb being taken care of by someone I hardly know. However, this celebration marks an event that overwhelms our hearts and far exceeds our expectations. We are having a baby and he's going to be here soon!
I never knew for sure if I would ever have the chance to experience this type of celebration. The coming of a little one to our family. With every shower that I've helped plan and every shower that I've attended in the past several years... I always wondered when it would be my turn.....and tomorrow...it's my turn.
And on the eve of this joyous celebration I feel nothing but blessed. Blessed in such a way that many others who have never journeyed down this adoption road will never have the pleasure of feeling. I will never take my son for granted, he has been prayed for, worked for and loved for many many years already. The place he will have in our family will be so special and he will know that every day of his life. So, tomorrow....it's okay that I don't have all of those other things because I have been blessed with the road that has lead me to my son. And I am going to be a mother and that's all I've ever wanted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
Couldnt be happier for you Jamie! Enjoy your day!!!
and all i've ever wanted for you too....and it is your turn tomorrow...what a blessed blessed day it is....and what a precious journey we are on with you and matt.....
love you so...and see you tomorrow for your BABY SHOWER!
xoxo
What a beautiful post, Jamie:) Thinking of you and hoping you have a truly wonderful day! SO happy for you, Mommy-To-Be! Hugs...
Jamie, you are going down a road that many have gone down and more will, yet so few of us understand. The strength you have always possessed at baby celebrations has amazed me. I am so glad you are excited about today. I feel honored to celebrate wtih you. Your little man will never go a moment without knowing how much he is wanted, loved and cherished. Thank you for letting me (and so many) be a part of your journey. I hope today is everything you want and dream of!
Jamie, you may not have the belly but you certainly shine brighter than any "glowing" woman! I walked into my shower, last month, with reservations...especially since we haven't even been matched, yet! But, the response from our friends and family was overwhelming and yours will be the same. They love YOU and want to support YOU, and I find most people find adoption to be an amazing and intriguing process. I held a Q&A time at our shower and answered a lot of questions! I may be a little bias...but I thought my adoption shower was way more exciting and fun than any other showers I've ever been to! :)
Have a fun day....and you DEFINITELY still get to go pick out a cute outfit!!
This is lovely and I am so excited for you!! Post some photos from the shower when you have a chance. :)
Melba
Jamie, I could feel your excitement reading your post! I'm so excited for you guys!! (Sorry this is late, I have been sick) I can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures.
you do have the glow, I looked at your moms post and saw your pictures and you are so beautiful, I got teary eyed when I saw your moms post, I cant wait to see the pictures of the little guy!
Hugs
Annette
The best news ever!!
can't wait
to see him
fondly, Deena
Post a Comment