It was a beautiful day.....I never knew what my day would be like when it finally arrived, but it was a day filled with love, support, emotion and more emotion, laughter, celebration and thankfulness. As intensely painful, disappointing and difficult as the journey has been to get to this point, I feel blessed to be the one who gets to grow my family through adoption. I am a better person because of the trials I have gone through to get here and I will be in even better mother. For all of these things I'm grateful.
My mother worked so hard to make this day perfectly decorated.....I was born in Oregon and this baby will be born in Oregon ~ we love hydrangeas and she had probably 10 or more baby blue hydrangeas shipped directly from Oregon! :) They were huge beautiful fragrant flowers and I wish they could last forever! She had everything decorated in blues and greens and intertwined the magic feel of the holiday season in with it all ~ it was beautiful. :)
Thank you to everyone who helped make it such a wonderful day!


12 comments:
Wow, it is truly beautiful! When I saw that picture of the wall that says "For this child I have prayed" I got a little teary. Congratulations, Jamie...your happiness is contagious! :)
Melba
It was a beautiful, emotional and happy shower. I'm glad I was there.
It was such a special time. I am glad you were able to enjoy the love and support flowing towards you, Matt, your baby boy and the BM. The tiny details that your mom puts in place are just amazing. I hope this holiday season your heartache is eased a touch.
I will continue to pray for you and your family, plus all those who have holes in their hearts and aches that are not filled.
looks like it was a beautiful day! i wish i could have been there:) we are looking forward to seeing you again soo soon! love you!
What a great showing of support! You are so cute!
Thank you for sharing all of this beautiful joy with us...you have a gracious and humble heart and I am so taken back with the lack of words to acknowledge this blessed event...your family is so "lucky" and your mom is an angel...truly.
Enjoy these lovely December days anticipating life's precious moments ~
i am crying tears of joy for you right now! so special and so beautiful!
congratulations jamie! i am truly happy for you and your little oregonian!
1 more month to go....I bet you and and your husbands feet cant keep still...now... just when is this new little man suppose to make his grand appearance? I think the blog world is just as excited for you, as you guys are!!! I know I am!!!!
Hugs
Annette
It was such an honor to be a guest at your baby shower! We all LOVE this little guy sooo much and cant wait to meet him.
Happiness all around~
Mandy
Your ticker says one month~ Can you believe in ONE month or less you get to hold him in your arms. I am so excited for you & Matt.
so so full of joy seeing all these BEAUTIFUL photos and reading your words.
i am so touched they threw a shower for you. how i wish i had one.
you are loved.
beaming for you...
denise
I am so sorry I had to miss your wonderful baby shower. It looked like a wonderful day for you. I hope you received lots of love for your new litle one.
Post a Comment