Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Ladies & Gentlemen....We Have A Match!

It's taken me a good day to realize all of the events of yesterday and now I'm ready to share........so through the last couple of weeks we've been shown to an expecting couple, waited and were not chosen.....then we were introduced to the prospect of potentially becoming the parents of a baby who was already born and waited through highs and lows to find out the answer to that question....yesterday we received the final word that the answer was "no, we would not". We felt so sad and disappointed. We cried and tried to let go of what we felt so sure would be. In the midst of trying to gain perspective on why these things continue to happen and trying to trust that ALL things happen for a reason, we got a phone call. This phone call came from our agency (the previous situation happened through an independent adoption consultant who was referred to us by a friend). The words I heard on the other end of the phone were basically this "hi, I have wonderful news.....you have a match! "H" looked at your profile last night and chose you immediately. She wants to meet you within the next month." All I could do was cry because I don't think I've ever heard words as sweet as those. I think all that I could say was "you have no idea what this means to us today..." Our caseworker probably thought I had lost it.....and to be perfectly honest I thought I had too. I just wanted her to continue to tell me these words over and over again. :)
This expectant mom is due Feb. 4th but will most likely deliver a little earlier than that. We're so excited and can't wait to meet her. It will probably be around the end of the month while we are in her part of the country for Thanksgiving. We just feel so blessed and amazed at the fact that we've always been told that things will happen in God's time.....I just never realized that the message would be so incredibly blatant! :)
It was such an incredible day....from getting heartbreaking news....to learning we will be parents very soon. I said the only way it could get any better was for Obama to be my next president. Yes......it was one of the most blessed days of my life.....

16 comments:

Rebekah said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! Your story encourages me so much, and that's what I needed, today! Sometimes I feel like I'm drowning in the waiting pool. It seems like nothing is happening and that we could very well never get a baby...and then I read stories like yours and realize that in an instant your life changed. The life-changing calls DO happen...it all just takes time. How wonderful for you! And only a few months away! After such an emotional week you must be filled with joy!

CONGRATULATIONS :0)

Melba said...

Oh WOW, what an amazing story! And it does illustrate perfectly the idea that things happen when the time is right. CONGRATULATIONS, I am truly overjoyed for you and I wish you all the best. I can't wait to hear more after you have a chance to meet the birth mother.

Melba

Terri Edwards said...

congratulations jamie!!!

(adoption is 100% guaranteed! it may take a while but it WILL happen for you rebekah and melba.)

Debbie said...

What an amazing story Jamie. I can only imagine the roller coaster ride you have been on. We are standing here supporting you and loving you all. Congrats!

Julie and Greg said...

it does all happpen for a reason and when it is suppose to, doesn't it? I have to keep reminding myself that! So incredibly thrilled for you!! I can't wait to hear how the face to face meeting goes and all the details. Can you believe that this time next year you will have a baby for the holidays!!

The Azams said...

I know you don't know who I am, but I found your blog and read your story. It broke my heart so much because I understand a little of what you are going through. I too had a miscarriage and had to have a D&C. When you talked about your body not wanting to let go...I understood...I had never voiced those words but, those were the words I had said in my head over and over again afterwards.
Anyway, after reading that post I found myself coming back to your blog to see how things were going. I was so excited to see today's post! I am so happy for you and your husband.
Through our miscarriage my husband and I have discovered that it is never in our time, but in God's time. He is in control, not us...
We now have a healthy four month old son...and when we look in his face we see God's mercy and grace and we are humbled by His love.
I pray the same for the two of you...to God be the glory forever and ever...amen.

Bri said...

Wow! Congrats. I am so excited for you! Move over world, it is my turn next! hehe! So happy for you.

kimberly said...

what an amazing, amazing day it was! we did hear over and over...that when it was right it would happen....who could have known those words would be given life so magnificently.....? what a wonderful, wonderful gift....both being matched and seeing God's plan so beautifully orchestrated....i am so thankful and full of praise.
love you both so...and my heart overflows!
xoxoxo
mom

Jac said...

I just cried. Not the first time i have cried reading your blog but tears of joy this time! Congratulations Mama!!! What an amazing day. Cant wait to meet your little one. Just wait, that day when you are called Mama by that little voice...you will feel like you had died and gone to heaven.

cassie said...

words cannot express....this story is an amazing one. i love you so.

Cresent Moon said...

I am so excited for you guys! I just started following your story and it broke my heart to read when you weren't matched, but there is a reason, as much as we don't understand it at the time, we will one day. Now you know the others didn't work out because this match was waiting for you. I understand the pain as we experienced a failed placement a few months ago.
I am excited to hear about your meeting at the end of the month!! Keep us posted! I will keep you in my prayers!!!

Annette said...

HIP HIP HURAY! YIPPY! prayers are being answered! I am so excited for you both!! I got chills, and cried. I will continue to keep in both of you, as well as the birth mother in prayer's...WHAT A MIGHT GOD WE SERVE!!
HUG'S, HUG'S & MORE HUGS
Annette

Lori said...

Jamie, this is so wonderful! I sign on every day looking for news and updates from you! I am so excited about your match:) Cannot wait to hear more. Thank you for letting me share in your journey like you shared in mine:)Hugs, Lori

Annette said...

Just checking in on you & yours! seeing if there was anymore wonderful God given new's, I'll check back later date, until then I'm still praying for you and your husband, as well as the birth mother.

GOD IS SOOOOOOOO GOOD!!
Hugs ALWAYS
Annette

boho girl said...

oh honey...just got home and reading this has made my YEAR. it brought huge elephant tears to my eyes.

i promise to write and catch up with you when we get settled.

my heart just took a huge leap in my chest. you and i both have had to wait and pull back and wait and regroup and wait and wonder and now...FINALLY, we are gonna be mommies to the ones that have been holding out for us.

love to you and your man and fully resonating with every step of this journey.

xo

Becky said...

I found you through Rebekah's blog. How exciting that you are waiting for your son!!!
I have 2 wonderful kids through adoption!
Blessings to you!! I may come back and keep following you like I do Rebekah, and Melba, and Bri!