Sunday, November 30, 2008

News and More News :)

First of all....IT'S A BOY!!! :) Yay!!! We're so excited to welcome him into our family ~
We met with the bmom, her mother and stepfather and our case worker on Tuesday the 25th. I have NEVER been that nervous in my entire life. We met over dinner and the conversation went quite easily...although there was still that nervous energy throughout we left feeling like it went really well and really liking the birth family. :) There were several little things that the bmom and I shared in common which helped create a little bit more of a connection. :) It's amazing how things like this work out and unfold in such a way that helps you realize that we are all a part of a plan. I trust in this more today than I ever have in my life.
On Friday we got to meet the bmom and her mother for a Dr's appt. It turned out not to be an u/s, but we got to hear his heartbeat loud and strong. The bmom "H" is measuring right on target at 30.4 weeks! The Dr. started talking to her a little bit more about signs of labor and deliver.....wow! this is really going to happen!! :) I know she's nervous and scared....I wish I could take those things away for her, but hopefully Matt and I will make it there for the delivery and we can help her through as much as possible. They've even asked Matt if he would like to cut the cord when the baby is born....just so thoughtful and inclusive.....it makes me feel so grateful.
We're going to be going back up to the NW at the end of December for another visit before THE visit for the birth. :) "H" has a Dr. appt that we'll go with her to and spend some more time getting to know her a little bit more. We're really looking forward to it. :)
It was difficult to leave....I felt like I wanted to stay so that I was close and could see "H" whenever I wanted to....I want to know more about her......I feel so incredibly grateful to her and want her to know that because of her love and unselfishness, she is giving us the gift of family and for that there is no way that "thank you" is enough.
It was a beautiful beginning to a hopefully long lasting relationship. :) I couldn't ask for anything more and we're both brimming with happiness and excitement for what is to come.....

13 comments:

Melba said...

Your happiness shines through your words and I am filled with joy for you...you are going to have a son, WOW! You deserve every ounce of happiness and then some, Jamie and I wish you all the best. :)

Melba

Terri Edwards said...

a boy! how awesome!! life is so sweet.

Julie and Greg said...

wow Jamie!!! I am so thrilled for you that the visit was everything you could have hoped for! I bet you are just itching to get back up there. What a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Rebekah said...

Yah for your SON!!! I share your feelings of thankfulness...and I haven't even been matched with a bmom, yet...

Debbie said...

Your story continues to bring tears to my eyes. It was amazing tonight to see the love that was just beaming from you. I am so glad the visit went so well. What an amazing moment for Matt to be asked to cut the cord. We will continue our prayers for all of you. Many smiles tonight for you...

kimberly said...

we just feel so full of joy and love for you and matt, jame....and an extremely grateful heart to "H" and her family for being so gracious, kind, thoughtful, inclusive and loving in the way they are including your family in this amazing experience. your union surely has been blessed and i am so thankful and appreciative....we continue to pray that all continues to unfold with His love.
love you both so.

Beth said...

i'm so grateful for the time i got to spend with you, and for the way everything is coming together for you and matt! it's all i can do not to start washing and folding and gathering everything for this little one...thank you so much for including me, i couldn't be happier for you two! and this little guy is already SOOO blessed to be loved by two of the best people i know...and more! looking forward to the end of the month when we can see you again!

Hannah said...

You've been in my prayers for so long and as soon as I read tears came to my eyes. GOD IS SO GOOD!!! Make sure you get Aunt Beth to takes some amazing pictures... I cant wait to see this miracle baby!

Cresent Moon said...

What an awesome meeting! Yeah for a boy!!!! Hearing the heartbeat is amazing and makes it so real! Your next meeting will be here before you know it! So happy for you guys and continuing to keep you in my prayers!

Jac said...

Congrats on your boy! So glad the meeting went well. Cant wait to meet the little man!

Phyllis Russell Franklin said...

congratulations!!!!!

Joni said...

There are no words to describe how happy I am for you...this is truly a blessing.

Mandy said...

How wonderful, a son!! I am so extremly happy for you guys.
Hugs,
mandy