Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thought It was "THE CALL"!

Sooo.....Monday night I received a phone call on my cell phone from expectant birthmom's mom ~ she has never called me and knew there was only ONE reason she'd be calling! Turns out "H" was in l&d with contractions 5 minutes apart!!! WHAT?!! She said the doctor was coming in to check her and she'd call me back once they knew more. Okay....mini loss of any sense of "where to start" packing. I wandered around the house for probably the first 1/2 hour! Finally we just started throwing things into our suitcases and making some sense of getting our minds back on track as to what we needed to be accomplishing. Matt, in the process of packing, ends up organizing his whole closet! I asked him if he was nesting!! :)
About an hour later we get a phone call that "H" is extremely dehydrated due to not feeling like eating or drinking the last couple of days. Once she started getting fluids, the contractions slowed down. Tuesday morning she was back at home and feeling okay.........part of me was thankful that I had some more time to get over my cold and get things together.....the other part of me was sad that we weren't getting on a plane to go meet our son! :)
So....hopefully next time will be the real thing ~ at least then we will be a little more prepared! :)

11 comments:

Jenn said...

how exciting!!! at least you had a "trial run" :). but trust me, when it does happen for real, you'll probably feel just as crazy!!

Melba said...

Oh wow...how exciting and scary! I guess you can think if it as a practice run with a bonus clean closet as the take-home prize! :)

Thinking of you...I can't wait for the post about the real call!

Debbie said...

I can just see Matt organizing in the mist of figuring out what to do! :) Hope this helps you prepare of the second phone call! Continuted prayers for you and all! Hope you are feeling better soon

Julie and Greg said...

Holy crap! Well at least you know now that they are going to call! I'd have a bag packed and sitting in the car! This is getting so exciting!I can't wait to hear that you have gone to Oregon to meet your son!!

hope548 said...

Hi Jamie. I can't imagine how simultaneously exciting and nerve-wracking that must have been! I hope you enjoy this time you have left just the two of you and that everything goes smoothly once you get the real call!

Cresent Moon said...

I wanted to tell you your shower looked beautiful (sorry a little late)!!! How exciting, its getting sooo close, he will be here before you know it! How cute, at least you guys will be ready to go once it really happens! Can't wait hear about when is really here! Keeping everying in my prayers!!!!

Annette said...

O Jamie...it's just right around the corner honey and you and Matt will be on that plane for the best miracle God has given you both, next to the love you have for each other! I agree with "Jenn" about the trial run!! Thank you for the up date, I check in all the time!!
Hugs
Annette

Joni said...

Just "checking in" and overjoyed with how close things are getting...how excited your entire family must be...pack as you might, but don't forget the camera whatever you do!

Love to you dear ~

Annette said...

P.S.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE WHAT EVER YOU DO

DON'T FORGET THE CAMERA!!!!

hugs
Annette

Jamie said...

Thank you everyone! :) It's so nice to have your support through this!
PS ~ camera is packed!! :)

Annette said...

Hi Jamie & Matt~
Just checking in on the latest...in all reality checking in to see if the new man in your lives was here yet, that's all!
Hugs
Annette