Friday, March 19, 2010

She is gone and I can't stop crying.....this heartache is way beyond what I expected. I "see" her everywhere in this house. I look out the back door and expect to see her laying there waiting to be let in. This is by far one of the most difficult things I've ever had to do.......I miss her so much. We had decided to cremate her and bring her ashes home......now I wish we would've just brought her home yesterday.......I can't stand her not being with us. She belongs here.

21 comments:

Julie and Greg said...

I'm sitting here crying for you because I can't even imagine losing one of my puppies. They are our first babies and I'm sure she gave you so much love during those hard years of trying to conceive. Wish I could hug you. My Dad took such good care of my dogs that I know he is giving Molly all the love she needs right now! Thinking of you all and sending you love from Ohio!

Debbie said...

Love to you Jamie. I know there are no words to ease your pain right now. Hugs to you, and prayers your heart will find some peace soon. Love to you all...

Lori/RachelsMommy said...

Thinking of you, Jamie. Tears here too. So sorry for your pain...Hugs, Lori

Vonda said...

I'm so sorry! I know how empty the house must feel. Just rejoice in the years you had her and know that she had a good home.

Marilyn said...

I have been thinking about you! Sending love your way!

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your loss. My precious girl is my baby too and I can't stand the thought of losing her. I hope you find some comfort soon - praying for you.

Heather said...

I'm so sorry. ((hugs))

Maya's Musings said...

I am so sorry for your heartache, those little furbabies sure have a way with our hearts, don't they?

praying for you~Maya

Tom/Lorraine said...

So sorry to hear you lost your beloved dog. We will be praying for you.

Annette said...

Hugs to you, and I am truly sorry for your loss.

Hugs~
Annette

Rebekah said...

I'm so sorry....

kimberly said...

BEYOND THE RAINBOW
As much as I loved the life we had and all the times we played,
I was so very tired and knew my time on earth would fade

I saw a wondrous image then of a place that's trouble-free
Where all of us can meet again to spend eternity.

I saw the most beautiful Rainbow, and on the other side
Were meadows rich and beautiful - lush and green and wide
And running through the meadows as far as the eye could see
Were animals of every sort as healthy as could be
My own tired, failing body was fresh and healed and new
And I wanted to go run with them, but I had something left to do
I needed to reach out to you, to tell you I'm alright
That this place is truly wonderful, then a bright glow pierced the night
"Twas the glow of many candles, shining bright and strong and bold
And I knew then that it held your love in it's brilliant shades of gold.
For although we may not be together in the way we used to be
We are still connected by a cord no one can see
So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart
If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart

xoxoxoxoxo
mom

kimberly said...

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE POEM


When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.




All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.




They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.




You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.



Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

M/J Granata said...

So sorry, Jamie... I am thinking of you, Matt, and Milo at this rough time. Your loss is so great... and so very painful. I hope that you soon feel peace in your heart. I know Molly was your first "baby". I can't imagine what you are going through... Sending hugs and comfort across the miles!

Kel said...

Oh Jamie,i'm so sorry. I'll be praying for your heat to be comforted.

Lost in Space said...

I'm so sorry, Jamie. A friend of mine sent this to me a couple months ago when we lost our furbaby...

It might be too much to read right now, so save it for another time if you aren't up for it.

Many, many hugs.

A Dog's Purpose? (from a 6-year-old)

Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish Wolfhound named Belker. The dog's owners, Ron, his wife Lisa, and their little boy Shane, were all very attached to Belker, and they were hoping for a miracle.

I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the family we couldn't do anything for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.

As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for six-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience.

The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker 's family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away.

The little boy seemed to accept Belker's transition without any difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker's Death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives.

Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, ''I know why.''

Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I'd never heard a more comforting explanation.. It has changed the way I try and live.

He said, ''People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life --- like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?''

The six-year-old continued, ''Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long.''

rebecca said...

I'm so sorry for your loss; the loss of a loyal & loving pet is such an incredibly heartbreaking process. What you did for her was an incredibly selfless & loving act, I know it doesn't provide much comfort when you're in the thick of this grief, but it sounds like you gave her such a fantastic loving home while she was here, take comfort in those memories & know she would tell you how much that meant to her if she could. ((hugs))
~LFCA

cowgirltn said...

Jamie I am so sorry. My pets are such a vital part of my life I completely understand the love you have for your baby girl.

S said...

I'm so sorry. I'm visiting from LFCA and wanted to let you know that it will get easier. I lost my sweet Abi (11 yo Australian Shep and my first baby girl) last year. It was the hardest decision to make. I am finally getting to the point that I can think of her and not have the sensation of not being able to breathe.

I still hear her in my house. I hear her little feet walking on the hardwood, I hear the sound she made when she was preparing to lie down for a nap. Sometimes after a long day, I park in the garage and think that she will be on the other side of the door ready to greet me with her bark/howl greeting that always made me laugh.

I can't imagine a sweeter, more loving friend. Even though the pain was almost more than my heart could take, I wouldn't trade all the memories to be pain free. I know you feel the same. Hugs.

Malloryn said...

I'm thinking about all of you, Jamie. My heart aches for you. I hope you find some comfort soon.

Malloryn said...

"Lost in Space", thank you for sharing that. How true it is.