She was known as Sweet Molly, Miss Molly, Chickie (my name for her), Molly June Rose, Goofball, Molly Lou, Molly June, Molly Girl and Molly Palaneke when she was in trouble (here real name).......and she was all of these names and so so so much more.
I still miss her like crazy......I still "see" and "hear" her all over the house and the backyard, but I'm trying to do some things to help my heart take comfort in the fact that her memory will never be forgotten. I'm making a stepping stone with a picture of her on it to put in the yard. We're going to plant a tree in her honor and I'm going to hang a windchime in our tree closest to the stone and where I sit while watching Milo play. I'm also going through pictures to try and make a collage of her to frame. Going through the thousands and thousands of pictures is both healing and heartbreaking.......
Here are a few I found:
There are so many I want to post, but it's so hard.......
Molly we love you, we miss you so much and you will never be forgotten. Thank you for all the love, laughter and snuggles you brought to our lives. We are forever changed because of you and your sweet sweet soul.
Molly Palaneke
October 29, 2001 - March 18, 2010
May your sweet soul rest in a place where you can run your heart out with the breeze blowing through your ears. May there be overflowing belly rubs and feasts like you've never imagined. May there be lakes and puddles and swimming holes in abundance and may there be laps and couches to lay your sweet head on each night. May you be in Heaven.
I want to say a special and heartfelt THANK YOU to all who have posted in support and shared your own heartache stories. Knowing that you understand how much a part of our family she was and that you know the pain I'm feeling has helped me so much. I truly appreciate all of your compassion and support during a time that is heartbreaking for us. Thank you from the bottom of my heart....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



12 comments:
I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful dog. I can't even imagine how hard it must be. Thoughts and prayers to you are your family!
May Molly be happily frolicking in doggy heaven now. Hope your heavy heart eases a bit soon.
Loved all your nicknames for her. We have dozens for our beloved pup too....glad we're not the only ones!
I love your beautiful tribute post, seeing the pictures and learning more about Miss Molly. What an extraordinary and most beloved member of your family. You have some great ideas for honoring and remembering her every day! Big Hugs, Lori
What a sweet, sweet post and those are really great pictures!
Since our loss of Dexter was so recent too this just brought back lots of memories, but it put a smile on my face to remember all the good times!
May God place peace upon your hearts! You guys are in my thoughts and prayers!!!
So sorry to hear about Molly, Jamie. My heart aches for you, too. It's amazing how much a part of our families pets become...so much more than just a dog or whatever.
Our sweet "Summer Girl" is still missing and for some reason I thought that I'd be better with it than I have been. I think I've cried as much or more than the girls.
Please know that I'm thinking of you and that you are loved.
I'm still very sorry for your loss, I love the idea of the tree and the wind chim and stepping stone. God needed another good animal in his garden to keep things out and one more beautiful creature he helped create to love...
Hugs~
Annette
I love the ideas you have of the memorial for Molly. What a beautiful way to keep her alive in your family. A beautiful tribute to a beautiful family member as well. Love and prayers are flowing your way...
These are such sweet, sweet pictures. You have been in my thoughts so much.
What a beauty she was! Randy Alcorn is my favorite theologian, because his book on Heaven says that the souls of animals are included in Heaven. So, I always imagine our mansion in Heaven as more of a farm, whwere my grand pas play cards with Gene Autry and take care of the family pets:)
I love all the names for your sweet girl. I always think the number of nicknames are indication for the amount of personality for a dog and it looks like she had a lot.
Your ideas to honor her are such a great way to keep memory alive.
Thanks for sharing her pictures and some of your favorite Molly things. She was a beautiful girl.
Many hugs.
molly june rose....nonnie loves you so.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Oh Jamie, my dear friend! I am SO sorry for your loss! I feel terrible that I haven't been blogging for a while and I consequently missed your news.
My heart goes out to you. I have been where you are now and it is a very sad place indeed. If you haven't already seen/heard about it, google "The Rainbow Bridge." That helped me a great deal when we lost our dog, Bagel.
There is no way around it, this is just so sad. Our pets are a very special and very real part of our daily lives and once they are gone...well, it's just plain heart wrenching.
BIG HUGS. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Melba
Post a Comment