So it took Milo quite a long time to get to the point where he was saying "mama" routinely. He started using it more often on my birthday this past summer ~ when we had gone out of town and we were trying to get him to sleep in his pack & play.....mommy and daddy trying to "ignore" milo at 3am after trying to get him to sleep with us and milo thinking it's PLAY TIME...mommy puts milo back into his p&p and tries not to move so milo thinks mommy and daddy are sleeping and decides he should probably do the same.....then all of a sudden milo pulls out the "mama?" mama?" ~ ummmmm.......I'm thinking "are you serious??" you decided that NOW is the time to start using "mama"??!! ;) anyway.......back to the original story. So Milo was about 16mo when he decided to start "really" saying mama.....
I couldn't WAIT for the day when I would be called mama by my sweet little bugaboo.....it was music to my ears ~ it has taken a couple of months for Milo to actually refer to me continuously as "mama" but now.....well now I hear "mama" ALL DAY LONG! ;) Actually it's more like "mumu" (short u sound with emphasis on the second syllable! :)) It's the cutest thing I've ever heard and he almost makes me laugh every time he says it. :) I just hope that when he's still yelling it to me all day long a year from now......that I still think it's the cutest thing I've ever heard. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
I so echo you on this! Only, now if I am out of reach, she calls me "Beeeeeee (bri)" and it ticks me off to no end. It is nice because this is one I can 100% blame on Brian since I don't ever refer to myself in the third person other than "mama."
You will! We are 10 months ahead not quite a year, but every conversation includes "Da-Da, Mom-Mom, and Shee-Shee" and we love it:)...Sometimes I could use a break from the constant chatter, but I never complain because I know I will miss it someday:)...Enjoy...Hugs...Lori
Wait, where's a new Milo picture?!
So sweet!!! My little man is just now 16 months and he says mama too and it just melts my heart as well!!! We point and ask who everyone is and then I get to me and he says mama and I just light up! Now when he tells me "no no" that is another story!! haha
And the temper tantrums he throws lately....well just say I really have to leave the room to let him calm down...where o where did my sweet sweet baby go and who is this new person talking back and what do I do about him?????
You will...
my baby is 18 and I still love to hear him say it....this story reminds me of when my son was little and I'd have to sneak past his room cause he hadnt taken his nap and he might of caught a glimpse of me and he'd be standing up in his crib with "Mr. Bear" in his little arms, " Mama..and I just couldn't resist getting him out.
Hugs~
I know exactly how you feel! I waited a long time to have somebody call me Mama, and now that there is only one sweet little person in this whole world who can do it, I love to hear him say it over, and over, and over. Being someone's Mama is the best thing in the world!!!
It is the sweetest sound in the world! I also love when they have their own way of pronouncing words. Try to make sure you get it on camera, because it changes so quick! No matter how old they get, it is still so sweet to hear them call out for us! :)
Sofia started with mama at a year, then moved to mommy, then mom and now has decided, at the ripe old age of 2, that calling me Terri is the funniest thing in the world.
Enjoy each moment and phase, they are each priceless.
Post a Comment