Thursday, June 4, 2009

Zonked.....finally!

So....here's another Milo post. Hope you all don't mind but that's really what my life revolves around these days. :)

Milo was SO tired yesterday evening.....he would NOT let me rock him (arching his back, crying, pulling my hair), he literally flipped out of his swing (thankfully I was sitting next to him on the floor and caught him), flipped over in his bouncy seat, cried when I laid him on the floor. So....Mommy took a time out and Milo took a time out...and then we went for a walk. We walked and walked and walked. All the time little Milo had a death grip on the front tray of his stroller and sat up so straight with every intent of NOT going to sleep. He did a really good job of this until we were about...oh....10 yards from our house. I looked down to see the tired baby slowly fall forward until his head nestled right into the side of his tray and, lo and behold.....he was out! :)
I wheeled him right into his room where he slept for another hour. :)

Oh, and also earlier in the evening Milo had rice cereal for the first time with a spoon. :) Here are a couple of photos....of course. :)

14 comments:

kimberly said...

oh and how tall he DOES sit in that stroller....i am amazed!....that little sweet boy doesn't want to miss one moment of life.....and what did he think of his cereal?.....looks like he's stylin for this first adventure!

jessamyn said...

his determination SO reminds me of asher at this age.
your in for a beautiful ride. ;)

Bri said...

God job, Mom! I hope R doesn't go through the fighting sleep phase!

Lori/RachelsMommy said...

So cute:) We have one of R like that in the swing:)I love all his dark hair! And it seems it didn't fallout/rub off like R's did? He still has so much! What is pictured on his bib? Cereal already? Every docs different, huh? Ours said 5 months, but she "allowed" us to start a little bit early. I love watching baby's eat...so cute:)Enjoy...hugs...Lori & Rachel

Kel said...

I agree with BB, Good Job MOM!!!

and I love the cereal face!

jessamyn said...

i just noticed he is wearing the bob marley bib i gave him!

M/J Granata said...

Okay Jamie... he is such a handsome fella! Wow! That is the cutest little face with cereal on it!

Hope Milo was just having "a day" and that the "fighting sleep" phase is short lived!

You are an awesome mommy!!!!!

Brittni said...

That picture of him in the stroller made me laugh!!! Too cute! I am laughing because you just rolled him in his room and let him sleep there. That is perfect! Hey maybe he should sleep on the stroller tray ever day if it gets you an hour! :) You are a wonderful mommy!!! Yes, eventually the no sleeping will pass! Love you!

Cory said...

this post took me back to a memory of taking Brody on a walk as a last attempt to get him to take a nap. I remember wheeling that stroller straight into his bedroom when we got home and just leaving him in it - so fearful that he might wake upif I moved even the slightes body part. :)
Let little Milo know that it only gets better from rice cereal.... peas, squash, carrots and greenbeans!!!!!

Annette said...

I just giggled when you said you rolled him right into his room, too funny, better than a struggle, I did similar things with mine, more so with my son! Don't get flustered though, he'll realize "Hey, my mommy isn't going to put up with this" and stop. I bet he looks all cute sitting straight up in his stroller checking things out, I love his cereal face, and the expressions just delights my heart. I had to give my son cereal early, he was ALWAYS hungry, I mean ALWAYS, but at birth he weighed 9lbs 1.5 oz, so yea...you just keep doing a fantastic job with him.
Hugs~
Annette
p.s.
smooches

Annette said...

P.S.
You could post about Mr. Milo every minute of every day and I don't think any of us would mind.
Hugs~
Annette

cassie said...

hee hee hee! amazing that he still hasn't quite figured out that sleep is glorious!

Vonda said...

I've often wondered why babies fight sleep so and how envious I've been at times that they get to be pushed around in a stroller!

hope548 said...

That is hilarious. I love when our son falls asleep in his bouncy seat, though it doesn't happen much anymore. I always take lots of photos!