Saturday, December 19, 2009

Story Time

One of Milo's most favorite things to do these days is to pull all of our books off of the book shelf and sit diligently turning all the pages. :) I'm so thankful his interest in books is developing.....even if it is just because he likes to turn the pages. :)




In a few days we will be meeting with Milo's birthmom and birthgrandmother for the first time since last January. I'm feeling a bit emotional about it all......all kinds of different emotions. Nervous for us, nervous for them, excited for us, excited for them, nervous about them watching me being a mother, nervous about what types of emotions will arise during and after....for all of us. Maybe you could share some of your "first meeting" stories with me. :)

Also, this holiday we will be traveling.....a 2.5 hour flight. I'm feeling a bit stressed about keeping the little mister occupied (especially sitting ~ which Milo NEVER does for any period of time unless it's his own decision). So....can you maybe share some stories about how you kept your VERY VERY active child sitting for that long on an airplane? :)

Your stories are greatly appreciated!! :)

10 comments:

Kel said...

no real advice, but I'll pray! I'm sure he'll be fine, he's such a charmer. I wish planes had an area of like six seats that little boogers could run around in.

I'm never one to advocate drugging baby, but if he's really miserable you could give him a little baby benadryl. Otherwise, take a bunch of old magazines and let him rip the heck out of them :D.

Vonda said...

I can only imagine your anxieties. Just be yourself. A happy, healthy Milo should be testimony enough for what good parents you and Matt are. I would think they could only be thankful and grateful for the good choice they made! As for the plane trip...I sat next to a mom and little boy once and she had a small video player that she played Thomas the Train. I watched it more than he did and then he fell sound asleep just as we were landing!! Maybe if you fill Milo with lots of snacks...he will be too sluggish to be rambunctious?? Good luck and I hope you have a very merry Christmas.

Annette said...

O Sweet Jamie
You have the right to have all those feelings, but you and Matt are GREAT parents and they'll see that, and you know they are probably just as nervous as you and Matt are honey, I wish I could give you a hug right now, but they'll realize that God lead you and Matt to them to be Milo parents and they'll be very pleased he did. he's a lucky little boy to have such wonderful people for a Mommy & Daddy, and some great grandparents too.
As far as that plane ride, I only worry about his little ears plugging up, I'd talk to his doctor and see what he suggests, maybe some baby Tylenol, but I'm like Kel, I'm not one to give medicine just because, but you got to do what you have to do, so call the Dr and just see what he says.
I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts, remember Milo was given to you and Matt cause Lord knew you'd be the best!!

Love & Hugs~
Annette
ps.
yip, you know...

Lori/RachelsMommy said...

Cute picture:)...Rachel loves books and magazines too which makes Mommy here very happy:)...you know I am too wordy to write it all here:), so I'll write more later to add to the correspondence we started on these topics...talk soon...hugs, Lori

hope548 said...

I hope your meeting goes well! Our first meeting after placement I was excited. When I saw our son's birthmother, I teared up. We hugged each other and then she went and scooped up our son. We just all sat and played with him and it went really well. I didn't know quite what to expect, but we do keep in touch and it was more like she was his aunt. She looks at him with so much love, but she totally respects my husband and I as his parents.

Also, we haven't made a flight yet, but I would imagine if we took a portable DVD player with some Wiggles DVDs my kiddo would probably sit still for that, at least for a while. Good luck!

kimberly said...

we will miss you soooo....but are so excited for your journey, the meeting and sharing this precious little one with matt's family.....and i agree with vonda....just be yourself....you are such a good mommy and matt is such a good daddy....you KNOW your son.....better than anyone else....that is so evident....so...just smile and know!
xoxoxox
be safe,
love you!

Malloryn said...

We should be having our first meeting after placement next month, so I'm sure I'll feel the same way you do! I'm sure it will go well, and they will love seeing you both and little Milo again. I hope the flight goes well, and happy holidays!

Lori/RachelsMommy said...

Just wanted to say I'm thinking of you today...just up the road, I guess:). Best Wishes. Can't wait to hear how it went and also about the flights! Rachel should be earning her own frequent flyer miles by now:). Our neighbors thought it was so cute about how often she flew in her first year that they bought her a pink Little People Airplane for her 1st birthday:)...Milo needs one (not necessarily pink) to mark his journey:)...off to OH tomorrow...Happy Holidays, Hugs, Lori

Danielle said...

Just wanted to wish you good luck with everything!! No advice here but I know things will go smoothly for you. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

Melba said...

Ack, I feel like a jerk for not posting on this sooner! I hope all went well for you my friend!

Hugs,

Melba