Does it say something about my week when I post a "wordless wednesday" on thursday?? :( The past couple of weeks have been rough for one reason or another. Our family is experiencing a great loss and I can't seem to think about much else besides the pain that a mother and father are experiencing right now. I feel this pain deeply and while I've never experienced the exact loss that they are.......I feel it is my loss too and am grieving with them. Having struggled for 7 years to have a child ~ during that time getting pregnant and thinking that "FINALLY" we have achieved this beautiful dream of ours and having everyone celebrate tears of joy along with us.....only to be laying on a table, with nothing but the joy of a pure miracle in my heart, holding the hand of my husband who has been my rock through all of it, waiting together to hear the heartbeat.........and finding that there isn't one. I don't compare the two levels of pain because they are very different. However, I feel like in some ways I know the thoughts, the pain, the shattered dreams and hopes, the view into the future that looks so lonely now.....that they must be feeling. I think about them daily and the sweet sweet soul that was taken way too soon.
Along with that, Milo is moving into a new "phase"....testing boundaries, independence and mommy's patience. :) Maybe molars?? Who knows....trying to take each moment as it comes and treat it with the love and tenderness that he is needing right now. I have found that since the loss (from above) I have hugged Milo a bit tighter and held him a bit longer .......thanking God for him and knowing that through all the loss we experienced I am enabled to possibly help others through theirs.....or at least grieve with them on an intimate level.
Milo received his new favorite thing yesterday. Just thought I'd end by sharing a sweet picture of him with it. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
Oh, Jamie! I am so sorry to hear that your family is hurting! I'll send some extra prayers your way. Let me know if you need anything.
Milo is so cute! Riley will be really jealous of his new toy and wants to come over and play when things settle down for you!
Hugs,
Bri
i have thought of them daily too....and can't imagine.....
we need another guitar picker in the family.....sweet baby milo!
xoxoxo
Jamie, thinking of you and your family during this time. I am sorry to hear they are hurting.
Milo is adorable--which is good since he is testing his momma's patience :)
Many hugs to you!
Jamie, I am so sorry for all the suffering. I'm sure, though you hope no one ever has to go through this, that it possibly helps a little that you can understand on a more personal level. I mean it sincerely and not in an insensitive way. Love the new toy! How fun! Sorry for the challenges. You have one smart, adventurous little guy! Hugs, Lori
I'll be praying for your family.
So sorry your family is experiencing such a heartbreaking loss. Sending lots of love and prayers to you all...
Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I am greatly touched by your blog. I am only in my 20's but my dream since junior high school has been to adopt. I swear I feel it as strongly as some people feel the need to have biological children. It is so amazing and wonderful to see someone whose life has been so radically touched by adoption. Thank you.
Jamie, I am sorry......
another cute picture of milo, made me smile some more and again Thank you so much for sharing.
Hugs~
Annette
Big hugs, Jamie!
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss as well, and your heartache surrounding it. We have had the same experience over these past couple of months in my family and it is so hard. I especially hate that people I love are in pain and there's nothing I can do to take it away.
You're right that the heartache of miscarriage is different from infertility but I do think we can relate to the feelings they must be having because of what we've been through. And you're doubly right that times like these make the miracle of life that much more amazing.
As for Milo's new stage...it could be molars but he's also right on target for beginning to assert his independence. Try to keep in mind that his testing of the waters is a good thing when you're feeling overwhelmed! He is 100% adorable!!
Melba
Post a Comment