i'm searching for my baby boy....have you seen him? :(
Seems like in the last couple of weeks Milo has surged forward in his growth and understanding of the world around him. About two weeks ago we started a "phase" that I was just not lovin at all....it scared me and I felt that I had "lost control" over a relationship and routine that I felt had been chugging along pretty well! :) I wondered where my baby had gone and who this child was that had taken his place. It was a really rough week and a half ~ lots of tears ~ lots of self talks about letting him be "who he is" ~ and lots of self doubt creeping in. However, it turns out my sweet little dude had his first ear infection. :( That contributed to a lot of the "who IS this child" questions I had.....but not all of them ~ oh no....certainly not all of them. :)
One morning last week when daddy got up with Milo in the wee hours of the morning (when Milo thinks it's time to rise and shine) ~ he decided milk was not enough. He went to the cabinet where we keep the water bottles....proceeded to the fridge where there's a water source and filled his cup up. All.by.himself. Later that day while I was puttering around the house I realized I wasn't quite sure where Milo had disappeared to...I found him in the laundry room....just finishing up pulling all of his dirty clothes out of his laundry basket, putting them into the washing machine and shutting the door. He looked up at me and smiled as though I should be extremely proud of him....and of course I was. :) The next day I had just gotten him out of his highchair from lunch, had walked over to the sink with his tray and looked back to find him climbing back up into his highchair...again with a huge smile on his face. Next I was intently doing something while standing at the kitchen island. I knew Milo was right around because I could hear him. Sometimes he pulls open the silverware drawer (or any drawer for that matter) and finds it quite entertaining to pull every single thing out of it. So....I'm very submersed in what I'm doing and I hear clanking around.....when I look up only to look straight across the island at my son's face! He had pushed a cardboard box over to island climbed up on it, pulled out the drawer and was pulling out all the silverware....oy!
He is just doing so much these days ~ understanding so much more.....and he amazes me each and everyday with his observation of everything we do. Yesterday he started stacking his blocks ~ he can successfully stack up to 6 blocks without it toppling over. :) And of course the most fun part for him is knocking his tower down to the floor! :) He very intently plays in his water pool outside....filling up cups, pouring them into another cup and then pouring that water into yet another cup. He did this for a good 1/2 hour the other day.....over and over and over again. I just love watching him.....he is my little dream come true.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
oh my goodness! This is so US right now, too! I feel like the second I voiced to you that R isn't really doing cooperative learning she started to! All of a sudden she is talking up a storm learning new words literally every day, listening to and understanding requests, and other things! We also had a serious showdown that had me questioning EVERYTHING and ended with all of us vomiting all over for a week or so! How funny!
It gives me the chills when I think about how fast this is all going and how amazing it is!!
Bri
oh my goodness......well i really am not TOO surprised with all the stories.....he always is amazing nonnie....always problem solving and figuring it all out!!! :-)
i LOVE the one boot on...one barefoot..so intent on his mission...i'd just love to know what goes through his little busy mind....i can't wait to have a conversation with this little boy! :-)
xoxoxoxo
Oh, Jamie...they are growing up right in front of our eyes, aren't they?! It is hard to believe he is 10 months younger than Rachel. What a smart baby boy you have! I'm not sure when it started, but Rachel LOVES to help too! Isn't it fun to see how their little minds work and practically watch them problem-solve? I love that:). Adorable picture too. He looks so serious:). Hugs, Lori
It is amazing what our kids can do and how it seems like one minute they "need" us for everything and the next they want to do it all themselves. He is such an amazing boy! I tis so sweet he is trying to help you too! :) Miss you and hope to see you and your growing boy soon!
He is so cute and I love the one boot on and one off! Time goes by too fast! I know you are cherishing every minute--what a joy and blessing he is!
They just grow up WAY too fast!! He is just such a big boy now that is so crazy everything is he doing!!! I am with you on the "who is this child" thing! I think that with my baby boy now, he just turned 1 and I swear he is going through the TERRIBLE 2's and I do mean terrible!!!!
I love how active he is and this is a GREAT picture - one boot on, one boot off!!!!
What a sweet little boy! I love to see these pictures of him and getting a glimpse of what he is like in his own environment! I love the one boot and love that he is getting just as much enjoyment from them as Wyatt did! At least one of them anyway! :) Just when you think you have things figured out these little dudes decide to switch it up a bit! I am dealing with that over here already!!! Love you Jame, you are an amazing mommy!
O how I remember these days....I love it that he has on only one slipper while standing on the box, I had to giggle. I had to buy safety latches for my drawers cause my son who is now 18 was climber, he opened up the drawers like your little man and then used them as a ladder and started to climbing on the counters, life was fun.....he's a smart little man to be doing so much at such a young age, but enjoy this time...
Hugs~
Annette
p.s.
I should my daughter him, its been a while and she couldnt get over how big and "adorable" he is
Post a Comment