"The process of adopting a child pushes your personal envelope as a woman, as a mother, and ultimately, as a human being. It takes more courage than you think you have, offers more self-knowledge than you think you want, and resembles your characteristics into someone familiar but changed."~ Jana Wolff
My dear mother sent this to me a while back and this is how I'm feeling today...although I'm not even sure I completely recognize my characteristics right now. It all feels very foreign and the person that I know feels very far away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
Strong quote! Strong Woman! I know things have been really hard lately and I am so sorry. I know your dream has been such an on going process and so close to touch yet so far out of your hands. I can only imagine how lost a person can feel when all they have ever wanted seems so far away. I love you so much Jamie. I know your heart aches and every ounce of you just seems exhausted with it all. You are an amazing person. I am here to lean on and I am here to help pick you up!!!! You can do this, I know you can.
Just what we always dreamed of.... being pushed past our limits in every imaginable way possible :)
Jamie, you are one courageous woman. And as another "woman, mother and human being," I admire you for so many things.
Hi Jamie ~
Thanks for stopping by and giving me advice on shots and traveling with meds. It is great to hear from a veteran pro. (Although I'm sure you probably would prefer not to be called a pro!)
I'm glad to hear someone else does thighs. I'm going to try that tomorrow.
I love your quote today. You are truly strong. I waver every day on the idea of adoption - should I, shouldn't I? What risk is involved? Hubby and I decided to wait until after the IVF cycles to see.
I hope you get your miracle soon.
**HUGS**
Nity
I love this quote! If you haven't read Jana Wolfe's book, "secret thoughts of an adoptive mother" you should! It is hreat and it validates all of our fears and the emotional rollercoaster we live every day as waiting families (and then adoptive mothers!).
The beauty of what we are going through is that we will come out better because of it!
i love you......
and you are an amazingly strong, courageous young lady.....and i am hoping someday soon that you will get to put all that courage and strength into becoming the amazing mommy i know you WILL be.
love it! and needed to hear it too! thanks for sharing!
That is a wonderful book, as Bri mentioned. I also own it and I was very moved by the quote you have here. I can relate to how you are feeling right now too--this is NOT an easy process.
Hang in there!
Melba
your mother and you are wonderful women..
Praying for you dear!!
deena
Hi Jamie!
Just wanted to stop by and say "thanks" for your thoughtful comments on my blog earlier today. It sounds like you and I tend to process a lot of this whole journey (both IF and adoption) similarly. My husband and I also took a long time (much longer than some couples) to make peace with the idea and plan of adoption, and to let go our hopes and dreams of biological parenthood. To be 100% honest it was more him than me...but still, the road that led me to here has not been an easy one.
I hope you're feeling better today - I'm so glad we have found one another through this wonderful blogosphere! :)
Melba
hi jamie,
please email me at denise(at)bohophoto(dot)com.
i have something i want to share with you.
in warmth,
denise
Post a Comment