Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Baby's First "Real" Bath







So, there have been sponge baths but we had to be very careful not to get delicate/still healing areas wet, but yesterday little Milo had his first semi-real bath. Every little body part got wet. :) He liked it until it was time to get out and he was feeling a little cold. (I hate that part too!) Since he has a cold (poor baby) the Dr. recommended exposing him to some steam from a hot shower. Since the room was all nice and toasty from that ~ I took advantage of it for giving him his bath. :) Here are a couple of pictures from the "event"! :)

14 comments:

Melba said...

Wow, he's really studying you in that middle picture, what a sweet face! Glad the bath experience went well...in no time flat he will be loving bath time, I'm sure! :)

Melba

Debbie said...

How cute is he! I am sorry to hear about the cold. I know that is not fun for any of you. Please let me know if I can help in any way! He is getting so big. I just love how expressive his eyes and eyebrows are. Hope everyone is getting a little bit of sleep...

Annette said...

All I could do was giggle.....he's just so d*mn cute, I especially liked the first 2 photos, the expression on his face... Isnt being a MOMMY just another one of those wonderful gifts God us? I miss my babies, they are now teenagers, but I still love being their mom.
Hugs
Annette
p.s.
Give Milo smooches from me.

kimberly said...

oh...love his sweet little self....he's got that scrunch going good in the middle picture....like "what's this all about, mommmy?"
glad he is doing a bit better today.....
xo

Lori said...

Oh, Jamie, How sweet he is! Such cute pics:)Hope this is not tmi, but I used to take Rachel in the shower with me:) She loved it, must have been the "white noise" factor, and I got us both clean at the same time. She'd just lie in her Moses Basket or Bouncey Seat next to the shower, swaddled, until I was ready to bring her in. Hope your little guy is better soon...Hugs:)

SweetAnnee said...

Look at that SWEET lil guy..
He's a bundle of love!!

Hope he's letting you get some
sleep..

I sure miss babies..even my grands
are big boys now.

Deena

Joni said...

Just precious! That middle picture looks like he's not quite sure baths are such a good idea...so cute!

Beth said...

i love love love that little body:) glad to see he enjoyed his bath...eli and dylan NEVER would take baths, it was showers with daddy from day one. we miss you and love you!

Vonda said...

He's so adorable! I'm glad you were discreet in his nudity so he won't have to be embarrassed when he's older and you drag out the baby pics in front of his girlfriend!

hope548 said...

He is so cute! He doesn't look like a newborn in any of the photos you've posted, like he's an old soul or something.

Cresent Moon said...

He is so sweet!! Love the pictures, glad he liked his bath! Yeah, I always hated to take my nieces out because they were always so cold - great idea with the steam from a hot shower!!!!

Brittni said...

oh, what a sweet sweet boy! You are such a gentle mommy! I love you!

Sally said...

Little Milo is definitely a precious, handsome boy!! I have to come by here once in a while; hope you don't mind. I'm just so happy for you, and your story has been so very touching. Take care!

Malloryn said...

He is so adorable! It looks like it went pretty well. I hope he's feeling better soon.