Friday, May 22, 2009
Bouncin Away :)
Milo's new found joy ~ bouncing on his own free will. :) I love the sound of his little feet bouncing off the floor/ground. He gets such a serious little look on his face every once in a while and just takes off like he's really showing me how it's done! :)
It's been so fun watching him grow and seek new things to do. However, I don't want my baby to grow up too fast either. :)
The phrase "roots and wings" comes to mind a lot these days. Trying to keep in mind that he HAS to grow and knowing it's important to give him the direction he needs to establish a solid foundation but also the space to find his way....I make it sound like he's 18 and ready to go off to college, but sometimes even the little milestones tug on a mommy's heartstrings. :) I love being milo's mommy ~ especially during the challenging days/weeks which we've had a few of lately. He reminds me that it's important to be flexible....have no expectations.... and as one of my wise sisters said "go with the ebb and flow of what motherhood is all about". I am his mommy and his teacher, yet I feel like he teaches me more about myself each and every day. Yes...this is what I've dreamed about.....can I also say it's one of the most challenging roles I've ever had? :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
"the ebb and flow of motherhood"...what wonderful words...and little ones have a way of helping us find and know ourselves.....
*****
i loved my time with milo today....i just can hardly take his sweetness all in!
xoxoxoxo
I giggled when I saw those little feet of his dancing around, and the facial expressions, well...it's too cute the way he moves his eye brows...and the way he tries to follow the dog..well the whole thing was way too cute, I called my daughter in too see him, I told her how he was born on my birthday, and she "Mom, he's so cute" well of course he is, I told her, he's an angel and all of God's angels are adorable. What are you feeding him? I love those chubby little thighs. I miss those days so much. Thank you for always sharing your gift with all of us, it truly makes me smile.
Hugs~
Annette
p.s.
you know :)
You are right about motherhood being the most challenging thing you have done. I often say that it is the most challenging AND most rewarding! Hope your week got a little better and everyone got some sleep! :)
I love his bouncing! He is getting SO big. His eyes still just capture my heart. Hope you have a great weekend.
Also, is that your new video camera from Mother's Day? Have fun with it :)
i've said it before and i'm sure i'll say it a thousand more times...he is THE cutest! i love his facial expressions. i think he's going to be quite the character.
i so enjoyed every moment of this. he does indeed make the most adorable expressions. i too can sense that he is going to have a fabulous sense of humor.
he is so, so beautiful, jamie. *sigh*
you know...cedar hasn't been into jumping. i wish we lived close so that milo can teach him how to do it. ; )
i feel every word of what you wrote.
love to you,
denise xo
Hi Jamie! This is just too cute! I had to watch it twice:)That adorable face, cute little expressions... I just want to hug him:) I, too, have felt that being a Mommy is the most challenging, most exhausting, most rewarding and most enjoyable job I have ever had! I think it is the BEST job ever:)Thank you for all your sweet messages on my blog lately. It means a lot to me that you check it from time to time and keep tabs on us too...Hugs...Lori & Rachel...
Post a Comment