Well I can't let my last post go without an update on what a beautiful 1st Mother's Day I had. :)
I had no expectations for what my first mother's day was going to be like because I already feel like I have everything I've ever wanted. :) Everday that I wake up with my family surrounding me makes me feel like the luckiest person in the world. However....it was a day that I had looked forward to for a really long time! :)
I was still in bed and had just finished feeding Milo. Matt had gotten up and was rustling about when in he walks with what I thought was a new phone. He had this little contraption focused on Milo and I and was trying to get Milo to smile, which is really easy in morning. I kept thinking..."okay, take the picture". :) Then he told me that it was a Flip video camera from my mom and dad!! :) YAY!!!!!! So, watch out everyone ~ I might inundate you with videos of Milo from now on. :)
I walked out into the kitchen to see several little gifts laying on the table. There was Milo holding a card for mommy (he had already made his little mark on it be sucking on one side. :)) I had some beautiful white mums, two framed photos which made me cry and a little gift wrapped box. One of the frames was of Milo and I snuggling and the other one was of "the moment" of Matt and I when Milo was born and emotion overcame us. There is a quite on the frame that reads "Life is not measure by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." It was beautiful! In the giftbox was a custom silver necklace. It has Milo's name on it and the other part reads "born in my heart". I also had two wonderful cards ~ one from Matt and one from Milo. :) It was amazing to actually read the words I've wanted to hear for so long.... "happy mother's day". Music to my ears! :) Matt proceeded to make me a yummy breakfast of french toast and bacon!! :) What a treat!
The rest of the day was spent at my mom and dad's with the rest of my family (except for my sister and bro-in-law that choose to live in another state! :))
It was truly a beautiful day ~ watching kiddos strip down to "nakey boy" and "nakey girl" and play in the pool, happy conversations, feeling love from all around me and truly being able to soak in the magic and happiness that being able to celebrate this day brought to my heart.
My mom and dad went to great lengths to prepare an environment that was full of yummy food and lots of love. My mom made silhouettes of each child and framed them ~ this was our place setting. She also hung photos from ribbon of each mom and their child/children along with traced handprints of each one. It was high emotion for me, but also very relaxing and it felt so good to finally be at peace with this day.
As each one of my sisters became mothers for the first time I bought them a specific necklace of a mother and child intertwined. Well, this year ~ they found one that looked just like the one I had given them and surprised me with my own! :) How incredibly thoughtful! And as if that didn't start the tears...the next gift I opened was from my mom and my sisters. It was a photo album full of scrapbooked pages of our little family arriving at the airport in Phoenix only to be met with banners and balloons and our whole family (you know, less the two that live in another state :)) welcoming us home after two long weeks away. Each page I turned brought with it more sobs and sooo many emotions came flooding to the forefront of my heart. That was an incredibly gift!
I received so many other thoughtful cards and little treasures ~ I am so appreciative and grateful for this new title of "mother" that I have recently aquired. Being Milo's mommy makes my heart sing each and every day. I could never ask for anything more. :) It was truly a beautiful day!
PS ~ except that i forgot to bring my camera (believe me I was crushed!), so family.....whatever photos you took, can I please have copies????? :)


9 comments:
it WAS a beautiful, sweet.sweet day.....a gentle, love and peace filled day......full of thankfulness for our many many blessings.....and we were so excited to share it with you and little milo this year......what we all have been waiting for!!!!
*i got quite a few photos....i'll be happy to share! :)
I don't know what to say, except, "Pass me a tissue or two, o' heck the whole dang box please" I am so thrilled that you had a wonderful memory making day with your wonderful family, that has been so long in the waiting, and you so deserve it!!! Every time I come by and visit, I get teary eyed, he just so BEAUTIFUL Jamie.
HUGS~
Annette
p.s.
=) well, you know =)
Wow, so many thoughtful gifts. I'm glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!
Sounds like a truly wonderful, special First Mother's Day...happy tears as I read your post...glad it was such a special day...hugs...
i absolutely love our Flip. it's so easy, even i can use it, and that's saying a LOT!
i am so glad you had such a memorable 1st mother's day jamie. here's to many, many, many more for both of us :)
Jamie,
That was a beautiful post and that picture! It's gorgeous!
I LOVE that picture of you and Milo. It is so pure and filled with love. I am so glad you had such a wonderful Mother's Day. You deserved it. I am so thrilled you were able to be given such wonderful gifts from your family, both material and emotional. You have always given so much to everyone in your life, even on your hardest days. I know they wanted to do the same generous things for you.
Much love to all of you!
I'm so glad you had such a special mother's day!
Getting caught up on all the happenings...your words just warm my heart. I'm so glad to hear your Mother's Day was everything you ever imagined...truly a blessing my dear ~ and that mother of yours, she's a keeper!
Post a Comment