Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Four Month Well Baby

*********Updated with Video :)*****************

Well, Milo had his 4 month well baby check up today and he's a whopping 16.7 lbs and is 25.75" long. :) These measurements put him in the 75th percentile (which I guess means he's a big baby:)). He's super healthy and was so smiley and social with the Dr. ~ I think he was flirting with her, but...... :)
Milo has also learned (uh, since yesterday) that rolling from back to tummy is SUPER fun! He likes to practice it ALL the time.....this means in the swing, in his bouncey chair, on the couch, when it's time for nappy and especially when mommy is trying to change his diaper! :) I'm seeing much more of Milo's little hiney ~ which of course I think is adorable ~ but not what I want to be looking at when trying to change a dirty diaper. :)I had put him on this blanket for some tummy time today and about 5 minutes later, this is where I found him. :) I captured a back to tummy roll on my flip and will upload that when I get a chance. Anyway....that's what's new in Milo's life ~ isn't it exciting??!! :)

16 comments:

jessamyn said...

super exciting! he is venturing into a whole new world with the realization that he can MOVE his entire body the way he wants to. what independence!
judging by the last two posts, we'll all get to see a bit more of mr. milo's backside...if that is all he's showing you these days!
congratulations milo...welcome to the journey little bug.

kimberly said...

and all the moving fun begins!!!! you were nicknamed "scooter" about this time in your journey....we found we could no long leave you alone on a bed!!!! no stopping him now. :-)
xoxo

Lori/RachelsMommy said...

He sounds like he is doing GREAT, Mama Jamie!!! He is a little "mover & shaker" like Rachel was and still is! How FUN!!! I love reading your updates and seeing new pics...Hugs, Lori & Rachel

Annette said...

You think he's having fun...well sweet Jamie, your fun is just starting :) Don't forget to put it in his baby book...I remember those days, but I think my Johnanthon learned to climb before anything else, he was and still is such an active guy (I didn't know then he had ADHD) explains so much to me now) What are you feeding this young lad? but there is nothing sweeter then chunky thighs... better get those bigger diapers! he's so adorable... and you & Matt are GREAT parents to such a love.
Hugs~
Annette
p.s.
you know

boho girl said...

oh my gosh, i am so impressed with little Milo's skills!!!

cedar is 6 months and still doesn't roll over. i think his GERD had something to do with it...the fact that he couldn't lay flat until he was 4.5 months old. but still, i think Milo is way ahead of the game.

and what a cute little bubble backside he has! *pinch*

love these stories.
xoxo

Debbie said...

What exciting adventures lie ahead for all of you. Enjoy all of these moments, they learn so much so quickly! Hope everyone is getting some rest. Enjoy this beautiful day....

hope548 said...

It doesn't stop from here. Once D0n0 started rolling onto his tummy, he rolls all over the place. He also prefers to sleep on his tummy most of the time now, which made me super-nervous at first, but I got used to it. Now that he's mobile, it's a whole new ballgame!

I'm glad your big boy is so healthy! Sounds a lot like mine!

cassie said...

way to go milo! he is such a stinker! i thought i told him not to get too big when i am not around. good thing i will see him in less than a week! hooray!

Vonda said...

Wow! 16+ lbs, that's enough to give a body shakey arms!! Mama better start lifting weights!

Annette said...

I just watched the video and smiled through out the whole thing...he's going to be crawling soon, very soon! I love his expressions from those eyes, I need to figure out why I dont have sound, I'm going to need it here REAL soon, so I can hear his sweet voice, and you'll never guess what I was doing while you were so gently caressing his cheeks? I'm not lying....I was pinching them on the computer screen, my daughter caught me and started laughing at me. she said Mom, if his mom knew what you were doing she'd think your a weirdo, I laughed so hard, and said yea your probably right....
Hugs to you & Milo~
Annette
smooch, smooch

Terri Edwards said...

he's getting so big! sweet chunky monkey!! sofia started rolling right out of the room as soon as she figured out how to roll over. i would turn my back for a second and she'd be rolling down the hallway! HAVE FUN!!

Debbie said...

I had to add another comment after watching the video! He has the most infectious smile :) How is your heart not a constant puddle?!?! He looks like he wants to learn to crawl very soon. Watch out world....here comes Milo! :)

Wendy said...

Milo is so cute -- I love the video!

Thanks for the comment you left on my blog. :)

Lori/RachelsMommy said...

Jamie, I love the video! Glad I checked back:) Growing so fast, huh?! Don't blink too long! Such adorable expressions and really moving well:)...enjoy...

Melba said...

It IS exciting...he is so cute, and I love the rolling and his darling little expressions.

Wonderful news that he is so healthy too, what more could you want??

Hugs,

Melba

Unknown said...

oh what fun! Seems like someone likes his daddy!

Annie just started crawling and standing up in her crib in the last 2 weeks. Life has changed dramatically!

Looks like Milo is ready for some big adventures!