Friday, January 1, 2010


(This post was written on December 31st)

Milo was 11 months old yesterday......do you know what that means? In less than one month my baby will be celebrating his 1 year birthday. Today I find myself wanting to cling to this year of 2009 for some reason. It was the year that our dream came true and our life was blessed with this miracle that we call our son. I feel that the year went way too quickly and I'm so afraid that this next year will fly even faster......My heart is in somewhat of a panic at the reality that my baby is becoming a toddler. I love him so much. :)

We had such a wonderful holiday season celebrating all of Milo's firsts. :) This next year is sure to bless us with many more wonderful events and memories.

Hope you had a wonderful New Year celebration!!! May 2010 bring us all continued happiness and prosperity! :)

13 comments:

Debbie said...

It has been an amazing year for your family. It is hard to see the little ones grow up...but the next stage is always so exciting as well! Time does go by too quickly, I wish I could say it slows down...but it does not. Savor every moment :) Glad you guys are back and hope you feel better soon. Happy New Year and Happy 11 Months little man!

Lori/RachelsMommy said...

Happy 11 Months, Milo!!! Oh, Jamie...I completely understand...Big Hugs, Lori

Joni said...

It has been a joy to watch Milo grow and add so much love to your family...and yes, while the time does fly all too quickly, the "firsts" really never stop. Cherish them all. Much love to you my dear - happy new year!

M/J Granata said...

Jamie... You are so sweet and sincere. I do believe that you will NEVER EVER forget all of the blessings that 2009 delivered you and your family! 2010 WILL bring many more, I pray. I hope that you and your family have a blessed new year... full of so many wonderful and fulfilling memories! Bless you and love you...

Kel said...

I understand your wanting to hang on as tightly as possible to last year. What a wonderful year it was! I read your past posts and am just in awe of all that I have to look forward to!

Little Milo has grown so fast and he's such a beautiful little guy!

The only way to be ok with letting go of the past (at least to me) is to look forward to hearing his first sentences, to really get to know what is going on in that little head! So exciting!

Love to you and your family Jamie! Your card is so cute! I'll get mine to you as soon as my company departs! :D

kimberly said...

a day at a time....and oh how thankful i am for prayers that were answered in 2009. we have been so blessed!
xoxoxo

Julie and Greg said...

he is so gorgeous...or should I say handsome?! it does feel like the year went by so fast, but just think of all the fun toddler things you get to experience this year with him!

thanks for all your support this year!

Bri said...

I totally feel the same way. 2009 was amazing but it went by way too fast! It makes me a little sad even though I am excited for each upcomin stage... my baby is quickly growing!

Melba said...

I know exactly what you mean! While I'm a few months behind you, I still find myself thinking about how C. is much closer to one year now than he is to when he was born. It's all joyful and wonderful - our toddlers will be miraculous too, but there is just something about that sweet word for which we all waited so long, B.A.B.Y.! To talk about and think about our babies is really special. Even though it will still be special when they are big boys, it's still somehow different. Milo is gorgeous, as always!!

Happy New Year to all of you!

Hugs,

Melba

Marilyn said...

He is adorable! What an amazing year for you and your family. Can't wait to see what is in store for you in 2010!

Danielle said...

You've had quite an amazing year, Jamie! I hope that 2010 brings you many more wonderful moments with your family. Happy New Year!

Wendy said...

Wow! Already 11 months old?

Enjoy every minute...happy new year to you and your family!

Annette said...

WoW!! a year is almost here already, just seems like a few months ago I was celebrating my birthday on that very same day and I got a message from your Mom telling me that your and Matt's baby was born on my day as well and I cant think of anybody better to share the day with!! Your Milo has brought so much joy to me by just looking at this miracle's little face and reading all about him, and Thank you so much for sharing, and yes the time does just fly by, but then there will always be something new and then you'll both think "Gosh, where has the time went?" and it just kind of repeats its self, babies are such a wonderful miracle that God has created and gifted us with, the love we have for life will carry on in one more person we call "Our child, or children" and lucky we are to have that honor of knowing that our world is filled with that more love from 2 very special people like you and Matt!!

Hugs to all~
Annette
p.s
smooches to Milo