So Grandpa GG has recently requested more frequent updates on his great grandchildren. It seems that we've all "dropped the ball" on blogging and he wants to know what's going on in their lives since we don't get to spend time together as often as we'd all love to. You know....it's called "life"! :) I also think that some of Matt's family check in here from time to time to see little updates and the "goings on" of our life here in the desert. SO ~ I plan on making this blog a little more about that and a little less about adoption even though that's how it all began. :) I honor and truly embrace the fact that we are an adoptive family, but it's not what defines us ~ so.....going forward this is "our life". The boring, the not so boring, the mundane, the exciting, the ups the downs, the celebrations, the sorrows, the happiness of our little family of three. ;)
Milo is talking up a storm and quite honestly NEVER stops talking. ;) He LOVES to jibber jabber all day long about everything, but especially trucks (of every kind), motorcycles and loves for us to "watch dis!" as he quite fearlessly attempts yet another daring "trick"! :) He jumps into the pool with no hesitation and last night while I was out to dinner with my sisters and mom....apparently he has decided that his new trick is to jump in backwards! I will have to thank all of his older cousins for that one! :) He has amazing wit and just floors me all the time with the phrases he comes up with and attempts to communicate. Let's say it's becoming quite real that he's soaking it ALL in! :) Milo loves to watch monster trucks on TV and loves Curious George (gornge) and the Cat in the Hat. :) He now calls me damie on occasion :( such as "yummy damie!" ;) or "damie watch dis!" ;) He LOVES Penny the puppy and she tolerates him quite well.....he will jump off of just about anything he can think of. He truly entertains me all day long. He is such a sweet and caring little dude, but I've also had my share of smacks in the face lately when he has to do something he doesn't want to do. :( That can be quite challenging and requires a fierce amount of patience from time to time as well......this too shall pass, right?! :)
We had a really nice Father's Day celebration last Saturday with my family and then on Sunday just the 3 of us. :) Here are a few recent pictures that I've taken. :)
milo loves my pink chenille socks and insisted on wearing them on our morning walk. :)
milo LOVES paining! working on one for Grandpa here. :)
most of father's day milo wore matt's underwear like a skirt :)
milo LOVES playing in the pool with daddy! :)
kisses for daddy on father's day :)
this is how milo eats yogurt.....
milo's FIRST movie experience! :)
milo swimming and laughing with Tia ~ just thought this was a cute shot ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I am so glad the GG asked for more updates, because I love reading them too!!! I love hearing about how similar our boys are and that I am not the only one with a crazy but wonderful life. Glad to hear that things are going well!
jamie, i'm so happy that you'll be updating more! i love seeing milo grow. he is a character!
oh my goodness....these had papa and nonnie laughing out loud and just wanting to squeeze that little gumdrop!!! such priceless photos, damie :-) love.love.love that little boy!
Post a Comment