Each week Grandpa GG sends out a "gazette" to update us on all the things going on in his life. I always look forward to receiving this because it's more like reading a story than reading and "update". :) For anyone who knows Grandpa GG ~ he just has a way with words and has ALWAYS been a GREAT story teller and writer. He truly has a gift and I have enjoyed this gift since the time I was a little girl. :)
This week he thanked me for updating my blog (you're welcome Granpda!) and he also added these words. These words were very powerful for me and left me literally in tears of thankfulness. I couldn't have explained my heart any better than he did. :) I wanted to share them, and tell Grandpa GG ~ THANK YOU for honoring this beautiful person and for having the loving and thankful heart that we do as well. :)
"I used to be resentful and angry with God because HE would not remedy your inability to conceive. Now I know why he forced us to live through that time and made us be patient when we did not want to be patient. I know now that God was saying "OK, just go ahead and be mad at me and say I'm unjust. I can take it.....but just wait until you see what I have in store for you"!!! And my God, it was Milo, so beautifully sculptured by the hand of God. When I am with him I am mesmerized by his beauty and at 83 years of age, I know I will not live to see God perfect him into the beautiful man we will be. But I am just thankful that I got to see him at all and witness his beauty and bask in the joy that he brings to our family. I am so thankful that I got to live long enough to see the fulfillment of our long hope!"
Thank you Grandpa ~ I love you and I thank you for loving the beautiful person God chose for our family. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
jamie, i am overwhelmed by this. how beautiful, meaningful, priceless. he sounds like a wonderful man. i would love to share these words with sofia's grandparents. they aren't the most outwardly emotional people, but i know they would great appreciate reading them. would you mind? xo
hi terri :) of course i wouldn't mind and i know grandpa gg wouldn't mind either :)
ps ~ he is a wonderful man ;)
Wow....those are amazing words. Grandpa GG has such a special relationship with you all and the grandkids. How wonderful that you can share those loving thoughts and feelings with Milo one day. What touching words...
goosebumps.
written with inspiration from God.
how beautiful forever for you, your hub, and Milo
So beautiful, this made me tear up! Milo is lucky to have such an amazing grandpa...but I bet if you asked grandpa GG, he would say he is the lucky one! :)
words that brought tears to my eyes also......God is amazing and we are so.so.blessed by this wonderful,spirited,fun-loving,endearing beautiful little boy in our lives.....i am so thankful.
xoxoxoxo
Oh that's so awesome. What a beautiful statement. It make me miss my grandpa. He never got to see me be a mom. Blessings to you all!
Jamie, this is the second time I have been back to read this post. Tears both times...cannot even read aloud to Frank:)...but what a priceless, beautiful thing to have forever. What a dear, sweet Grandpa GG you have...and I also love your title, "Unanswered Prayers"...so true...big hugs...I, too, would look forward to his writings...
Beautiful words!
So very true!
That is the sweetest thing I have read in a long time!! I feel the same way about my little one, and it is amazing to see just how much ALL of our family loves him, not just me and Mike. I sure wish my grandparents could've met my miracle, but I like to think that they were taking care of him and loving him before he was ready to come to me=) Your grandpa sounds like a treasure!!
Post a Comment