Sunday, August 14, 2011

Splash!

I know it's been a while....lots of shifting going on in this household....upcoming surgery, toddler challenges, attempted scorpion removal, "life" in general and trying to stay cool in this miserable heat.

We did quite a bit of work around the house yesterday especially in the front and back yard in attempt to decrease the number of scorpions we have been seeing lately. Plus, you know how when things are cluttered, it kind of clutters your mind too? Well, that's how I've been feeling lately about our back patio area and the pluthera of toys/ball/dirt/towels/stuff that had accumulated right outside the backdoor. I guess that's what happens when you don't spend any time there and it's a dropping place coming to and from the swimming pool. :) Anyway ~ it looks SO much better and Matt also worked really hard to trim down all the bushes and mow the grass. I feel like I can breathe again! :)

So after Milo woke up from his nap (by the way ~ he was a SUPER good helper for daddy) we decided to go get a treat at Starbucks. Milo got a Strawberries N Cream frapp and he LOVED it! That was the first time he's ever gotten anything at Starbucks....we tried Chocolate Milk once or twice but he really doesn't like it. We then went into downtown Gilbert and Matt thought it would be fun to stop by the splashpark they have and let Milo run around for a little while. It was so hot, but we did it anyway. ;) These are some of the pictures I took from our day yesterday :)




 this one cracks me up ~ he was reacting to the leaf blower turning on. ;) he stands with his little hands on his hips all the time.......

Here are some from the splash pad ~ if Milo can play in water....he is oh so happy! :)

i can't get this one to rotate, but thought it was funny....so did milo ;)





It was a good day! :)

9 comments:

kimberly said...

awww it sounds and looks like it was a good.fun day for everyone! LOVE the photos.....and love the last one of mattie and his smile! i notice little bug had his hat on just like daddy when he was being a "dood hepper"
xoxoxo

Shelly said...

Sounds like a fun, yet tiring day=) I am not happy to hear "upcoming surgery"=( Hope all is well!!

Lori/RachelsMommy said...

I'm so glad I peeked at your blog today! Love all the pictures! Sounds like a great day of organizing and having fun! Hope all is okay seeing your mention of surgery. Hugs, Lori

Grove Gang said...

I LOVE all the pics of Milo helping his daddy...too sweet! He has gotten so BIG!

Cory said...

It looks like a GOOD day sizzle. LOVE to see the smile on Matty's face in that last one :) Love you guys sooooo much.

Cory said...

It looks like it was a good day sizzle. LOVE to see that genuine smile on Matty's face in the last picture. I love you guys sooooo much :)

Terri Edwards said...

how, how, how is possible that he has gotten even cuter? thinking of you :)

Annette said...

It has been so long since I have stop by and visited you all and I am sorry...I was so surprised how big Milo has gotten, he's so adorable!!! Thank you for allowing me the honors of coming by and visiting you from time to time....

Hugs~

Wendy said...

He's getting so big! Milo is such a cutie. I love the hands on the hips picture - Zoe does that all the time, too!