Friday, October 3, 2008

Why?

Sometimes I just wonder why each of our journeys to get to parenthood has to take us to places that tests our patience and our character on the ultimate level... Was 7 years of trying to conceive, month after month of disappointment, injecting myself with scarey hormones,having every treatment option fail except for the last two and then losing those pregnancies, not enough to learn the lessons and build the character that we were intentioned for??
When we first started seeking treatment we were so excited because we thought maybe someone could help us achieve our dream.....after years of IUI's and HSG's and Clomid we were referred to IVF. We weren't ready for that so I started doing natural treatments such as acupuncture, herbs, bodywork and natural hormone treatments. After a year of that without success, we were referred to do laparascopy for endometriosis and then immediately referred to IVF after finding that stage 4 endo had damaged my tubes. By then we were ready for IVF. I was so excited thinking "how could this possibly not work ~ we are bi-passing the issue". I felt that the reality of becoming a mom was right at the tip of my fingertips (well, at least the RE's!) Two years later, 5 attempts at IVF/FET, two pregnancies and two miscarriages I was done. I was bitter, angry, beat down, and on my knees begging for mercy. That's when we decided to pursue adoption. There it was...a renewed sense of hope and optimism. This path was fresh, it was exciting and it was hopful. I felt like my "old self" again (mostly). Now, today....I feel frustrated, I feel bitter, I feel angry, I feel unheard, I feel like every path we take tests me in ways that I never expected or wanted to be tested. After all we went through....why can't this new path bring us joy without the headache and pain?? Why can't we just have this one journey be nothing but goodness less the frustration? Why do we continuously have to be tested?? Why couldn't we have ended this battle on the "up" note......no bad feelings, no frustrations, no causes for anger and bitterness.....I don't like feeling like an angry bitter person....I want to find my true person again, but this journey is just beating me down......sometimes I just want someone to wake me up when it's all over. I feel that I've learned so much from this 7.5 year long quest to find motherhood. But, I also feel like I'm done studying....I want some hands on training......

10 comments:

Beth said...

oh jamie, we want this SO bad for you and matt, too! there has to be a beautiful end (beginning) to all of this, if only we knew how and when. i love you, and will keep hoping and praying...

Julie and Greg said...

Jamie,
I ask myself everyday WHY? Why us? All I can come up with is that our marriage can handle it. IF has brought us closer and if we can make it through this we can make it through anything! I think some poeple have the relationships that can take this CRAP and some don't. Maybe that is why we are put through it? Really I have no clue. Thinking of yuo and sharing in your frustrations! Feel free to vent to me anytime!

kimberly said...

i love you both so, that it makes my heart ache so to see you go through this....and i feel the same words as beth already expressed.....
love,
mom

Rebekah said...

You are an un-sung hero.

Melba said...

I still seek answers to many of your "why" questions too. Sometimes I think there is no why, it just is what it is. Other times I find it comforting to think there has to be something gained/learned/valued from all these years of waiting, trying, hoping, wanting, longing. Maybe when we finally have our babies in our arms it will all make sense, who knows?

Hang in there...keep writing and talking about all of this, we're always here to listen (or read as the case many be.) To me that is the one thing that pulls me through those low points.

Melba

Debbie said...

We pray for you and Matt daily. I can only imagine what this journey has been like and continues to be like for you both. We are here for you if we can ever do anything. Continued prayers for you, Matt and your dreams....

Simplicity Wins said...

Jamie,
I will continue to keep you and Matt in my prayers. Keep the faith!

Simplicity Wins said...

Jamie,
I will continue to keep you and Matt in my prayers. Keep the faith...the future is filled with great promise.

jessamyn said...

All I can think when I read these words is "wow...this baby will know LOVE like no other".
but all that i feel is aching for your hopes and dreams.
you are a warrior, as i have said before. keep stretching your arms towards the sky. keep opening your heart wide open to the goodness of each waiting day.

Lori said...

Jamie,

Thank you for sharing your blog address and thus your private thoughts with me. I am in tears reading them as I feel your pain and could have written them myself almost word for word. I know I have old journal entries that read almost exactly this...

Sendng a hug and hoping and praying that the journey takes a turn for the better and your baby is home with you and Matt very soon...