Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day

I realize this post comes after Memorial Day, but I didn't want the holiday to go by without acknowledging where my thoughts were for a good portion of yesterday.
Yes....we had a family BBQ, yes....there were lots of laughs and good times, yes....it was a blast watching the babes in the pool splashing around and yes....it was a wonderful day for our family.

But....as soon as I saw our flag go up in the front, many other thoughts stayed with me throughout the day. Thoughts of the families who's Memorial Day was spent in a different way.....grieving those that they had lost. Our dear friend Air Force Captain Jeremy Fresques and his family were in the forefront of my mind. We honor him today for his ultimate sacrifice and the life and legacy he left behind. I pray for his family religiously and know that even though each day is difficult without him, that this time of year is especially difficult.

I felt so privileged to have the freedom to spend the day with my family without fear for our safety. So many people in our world right now live each day not knowing whether they will make it to see the next. I don't ever want to take this freedom for granted and today I am thankful for my freedom and mindful of those whose untimely deaths have been a result of the place our world is in right now. May peace be with them and their families.

4 comments:

kimberly said...

beautiful, jamie...and you said what was so on our hearts yesterday.
xoxo

Melba said...

This is so true and very well said, Jamie...the devastation and sadness faced by so many people every single day is definitely something we need to remember!

Annette said...

Beautiful post with such lovely words. I think like the song John Lennon sing's " You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one, I hope some day you can join me, and the world will live as one" when I hear that song, I cry, the words are so true, what our world needs is simple....PEACE & LOVE, but so hard to achieve those 2 things!
Hugs~
Annette
p.s. smooch, smooch.

hope548 said...

To answer your question on my blog, I actually did get the float at Target (http://www.target.com/dp/B000C9DYPM/sr=1-3/qid=1243442772/ref=sr_fkmr_txt_2_3/189-1901073-6083953?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=0&index=target&rh=k%3Apool%20float%20with%20canopy&page=1), but saw a coupon for it at Babies R Us as well (though I couldn't find it on their site). It's great because there's not much to blow up and the canopy can be removed.