Friday, July 24, 2009

Molly Update

We got a call from Dr. Christina this evening regarding Molly's pathology results. They have graded Molly's tumor at a level 2. This means that there's a 50/50 chance that she will/will not have a re-occurance in either the same spot or another area in the future. However, they were able to get all of the cancer cells in the area and feel very optomistic about low chances of a re-occurance in her case. We have the option of contacting an oncologist regarding chemo, but since funds are at an all time low right now and the fact that they know they got all of the cancer cells surrounding this tumor ~ we probably won't go that route. Although the results weren't optimum with a level 1 diagnosis, it's MUCH better news than a level 3. I couldn't even listen to the message....I made Matt do it because I just didn't know what news was going to be on the other end. I cried anyway....out of relief and love for our little Molly June Rose. :)
Thank you ALL for your support an prayers ~ these members of our family just really find deep spots within our heart don't they??!

9 comments:

Debbie said...

I kept on checking your blog this evening everytime I got the chance to see if there was a Molly update. So glad to hear that the news is fairly good. It is wonderful they got all the cells around the tumor. Hope you can relax a bit and give her lots of love. Still thinking of you guys and love to you all...

kimberly said...

i was thinking about her this afternoon too, sweetie....but talked with you and you hadn't known then....so was thinking maybe you didn't hear.
so glad they feel the got all the affected cells....and that her prognosis is fairly good.....we'll just have to love on her extra much so she knows how much she is loved.....that does a body good!
hugs sweetie....i know how hard this is.
xoxo

Lori/RachelsMommy said...

Tearing up while reading your post...so glad it was pretty good news...and that they feel confident they got all of it...extra hugs and kisses for your precious girl...Lori...

Kel said...

They really do worm their way into the teeny places of our hearts! I'll be thinking about her and praying for her to be completely healed. Chief is right here and he'd say a prayer too if he could. :D

Love to you and your fam!

Malloryn said...

I've been thinking about you guys, and was so happy to read these post. It's sounds like her prognosis is pretty good, and it's great that they were able to remove the surrounding cancerous cells. Give her lots of hugs and kisses from us... she's your little girl, after all :)

Melba said...

Wonderful, so glad to hear this!!

Melba

tammy said...

jamie~i'm so sorry about molly's cancer. i so understand...3 years ago we received the same news for our sweet gabe--is it mast cell carcinoma by chance? gabe's was stage 2 as well and we chose surgery but not chemo, the effects of chemo are just so tough on the dog, not to mention the caretakers. the surgery was successful and once recovered (he had a pretty large incision as they had to take 3 inch margins) i was so grateful that i chose not to follow up with chemo.

i pray molly's surgery goes well and that her recovery is as easy as possible.

*milo is just the cutest thing! so amazing how the path to our special one isn't always clear, but always leads us the right way, isn't it? :)

tammy

Vonda said...

I too am glad Miss Molly's prognosis is fairly good. I'm sure her loving home life will do wonders for her.

Carol Dunton said...

I am sooo happy with this news!! This is sooo optimistic! I hope you can take a breath and let some of the tension go..... yes, Jaime, these sweet spirits lodge themselves in deep in our hearts and we love them as we do our human companions. Give that sweet Molly a hug for me and a treat...she's been a very good girl!! : )
xoxo
Velvet Brick