Our little bugaboo is 7 months old today. :)
The term "time flies" doesn't even begin to describe the pace at which life is happening these days. :) Where are the reins on this circus ride anyway??? I feel that I desperately want to dig in my heels while at the same time delighting in all the ways Milo is growing and changing. It makes me smile in excitement while my eyes fill with tears due to the pang in my heart. Ok.....he's only 7 months old right? :)
MILO ~ is a beautiful soul who LOVES to smile. he relaxes most when his little ankles are crossed as he reclines. knows already what his passions are....an open door to the outside, the refrigerator, the pantry, doggy dishes, our woven placemats, blowing spit bubbles, splashing in water, leaves blowing in the breeze, taking it all in while he rides along in his stroller, watching his older cousins so intently. and what his passions are NOT......all things solid baby food, getting dressed after bath, grass, gates that block getting to his above stated "passions". :)
Milo has recently found his "d" sound and for the last 3 days practices "dadadadada" all day long. :) Music to his daddy's ears. :) I have to tell you, it certainly beats the throaty "ahhhhhhh" sound that he's been practicing. His "dadada" sound is so much softer and so much more pleasant to listen to. :) Now......we'll have to work on those "mmmmm's"! :)
Things he's doing ~ crawling all over the place sometimes at great speed, pulling himself up onto everything he can find, starting to walk along the furniture to get to things he wants. He's fast and he's strong and he seems to have an incredibly long reach!! :) He loves to "pat" everything with an open hand. :) He has such an inquisitive spirit and sometimes can't decide which way to go because there's so much he wants to see in each direction. Oh ya, and last night at nonnie and papa's house he decided to let go of the coffee table and try to take a step......yes, it won't be long until we're really in trouble. :)
Milo ~ he just seems to draw people in with his contagious smile that lights up his whole entire face. Wherever we go, people seem to fall all over him and can't help stopping to tell him how cute he is and that he's such a happy baby. :) He eats it up and has become quite the flirt as he flashes his beautiful smile and then tucks his chin down as if he's shy.....oh my goodness......they start so young. :)
Most of all, he is my heart's deepest desire and so much more.....he truly teaches me how to expect more from myself so that he has a better example in me. I know I tend to smother him with all my kisses....but I'm going to keep doing it until he just can't stand it any longer! :) I'm hoping that even though he's growing so quickly, that he'll always stay my little boogie woogie. :)


11 comments:
Happy 7 months to all of you! It is so hard when they grow. The tug of wanting them to stay little, yet wanting to see what the next "steps" are. He is such a light in the life of all who meet him. You are such an amazing family! :) Love to all of you and hope to see you soon.
7 months already?! seems like just yesterday God gave you this blessing and Angel, and all of our prayers had been heard! I miss those times, my baby is 17 now, gosh to go back in time would be great, sometimes =)
I remember when our babies first word was "dadada" broke my heart, I said " Mamamama" every chance I had, then it happened and hasn't stopped, they say Mom more than they do Dad now!! and you know what I love it, being a mom meant more to me than anything in the world and I love my world with them, even if they are teenagers! Thank you so much for sharing! I always get a big smile when I see his handsome little face looking back at me!
Hugs~
Annette
p.s.
ya, you know ;) (wink)
Jamie, what a wonderful update! Such a busy boy:)...Happy 7 Months, Milo! You are just such a handsome boy:)...I completely understand the "smiling through the tears"...happens almost every day here...hugs, Lori & Rachel...
Time does fly...yet last January seems sooo long ago. Happy 7 mos little man! We can be so thankful that you are healthy, growing and doing all the things you should be doing at your age.
These pictures are too cute!!! The house just seems so warm and perfect with a little one in it doesn't it! It doesn't matter what is going on as long as there is this little one to share your day with! I wake up every day so thankful to have Wyatt to share my day with. Watching him grow just tugs at my heart and makes me want to soak in every single second of love that I can. Milo seems like he is turning into a little boy! chasing his cousins and being involved in their play was so fun to watch the other day. He IS a happy boy because he has such a warm and loving mommy and daddy. He can be happy because he knows how special and loved he is! You are a wonderful mommy and I love watching you with this little lover bug:)
oh little milo......i just can't hug and smother him with enough kisses either!!!!!!!!! but he's so busy, that he only lets nonnie catch him on the move!!!!! he did his little letting go and taking a step not just once here last night....several times....no fear!!!!
he just warms our hearts with his sweet smile and soul searching little eyes....such a little delight that we are so.so.so. thankful for......i can't imagine life without this little bugaboo!
take your time little picnic....lots of time to do all these wonderful things! :-)
xoxoxo
OH MY, I think your private blog means it doesn't update my reader! O.o !! I'll have to be more diligent about clicking on your link! So much has happened and I've missed it! *GOING BACK TO UPDATE MYSELF!!!*
It goes faster and faster. Mine is 11 months old now. Don't know how that happened! Milo is so adorable. He has the sweetest little face! Happy 7 months Milo!
Happy 7 months! He is such a doll! His smile is adorable and I am sure melts your heart every time you see it. I am so happy for you and your husband.
Thanks for the words of encouragement on my blog--it was much needed :)
Have a great day!
I like that his hairline is just like Riley's!!
Happy 7 months to you all!
oh see what i miss when i go out of town!? happy little milo, you are so precious!!
Post a Comment