Does anyone else work up a sweat chasing their little one around the room trying to fasten a diaper and get them into their pj's?? geeze! that's a workout!! any tips are greatly appreciate......
this is what i've tried so far:
singing to him
talking to him
giving him something to hold (something really cool)
a wet washcloth to chew on
a toy that plays music
the lotion bottle that he LOVES
showing him the buttons on his towel
the black/white/red wipe case that my dear friend made me
another diaper
a book
honestly ~ i don't know what else to do...........is this just the way it is? :)
and sleep.....don't get me started on sleep.....today ~ trying to put milo down for a nap, he's just about to fall asleep when he arches his back and flips himself over facing me ~ about 2 inches from my face. he makes a scrunchy face, breathes in deep like he's gasping for air, starts laughing and firmly plants his lips on my cheek to try and make rasberry noises. what did i do? i laughed of course....it was either that ~ or cry :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


13 comments:
i don't remember you girls being hard to diaper or dress.....however......all of YOUR babies have been another story!!!!!!!!!! everyone of these little grandbabies has at some point, thought that getting a diaper change is the worse thing in the world...that and being dressed!...so maybe it is just the way it is. :-)
i had to just chuckle at the image of him flipping over ...two inches from your face and blowing rasperries with his sweet little lips!!! i know he needed a nap and mommy probably needed him to nap but.............how can you not just LOVE that moment! ? :-)
xoxo
Strap him down with bungee cords. I have no idea!
I wish I could help you but N is also on the go -he is not as mobile as Milo but he moves ALL the time - I too sing to him and that sometimes calms him down when I am trying to swaddle him - but I understand your frustration!
N decided he was going to get up at 4:00 this morning - he was totally unswaddled so I fixed him back up, had to feed him because there was NO way he was going back to sleep (I have to get up at 5:30 am for work) and then he went back to sleep and I check on him and there he was arching his back trying to flip himself over on his tummy - I was like what are you doing - trying not to laugh!!! He finally settled and went back to sleep but I only got about 1/2 more sleep before I had to get up UUUGGGH!
Looking forward to see what people suggest to you!
Gee, I don't know. The cousins seem to enjoy nudity! Maybe he gets it from them? You've got a free spirit on your hands!!
Sometimes I just have to be really firm with my son when he's trying to flip over while I'm changing him. He does it almost every time. Often I can distract him by giving him something to play with, but sometimes just holding him firmly and speaking to him firmly has to do it. This of course results in a very sad face and fake crying (no tears), but he always forgives me when it's all done. I can't promise it will get any better, you just have to get even more creative! Good luck!
we're in the same boat with diaper changing. I'm to the point where I dread it! we've tried all kinds of distractions and now I just grin and bear it and get it over with. I can't wait til she's in pull-ups!
I stopped using PJ's with snaps and now I just buy 2 piece sets w/ shirts & pants, it's easier to get them on her after struggling to get her diaper on.
Jamie... Sorry to hear that little man has not been sleeping well. I can't really imagine what it is like... I am sure you are exhausted! I hope things get better. Maybe it is a growth spurt...?
Congrats on passing the entrance exam for nursing school! Wow... that is great. I am very happy for you. I really wish I could take some classes from you on decorating/interior design...!!! I need all of the help I can get these days. :)
I hope Matt's daddy is doing better and that he is getting healthy! I will continue to pray for him, Matt, and the rest of the family.
I can tell you are keeping very, very busy with the little man! Milo sure is a ham! Love him! Wish I could give him a big, big hug!
I will be praying for you!
Much love...
Oh My! Can he be any cuter?! I'm sorry, no advice. (but your post made me chuckle:)) I had to get a little stern with Rachel (and her daddy!) around 11 months and just gently, but firmly, held her legs and talked softly to her. Her daddy thought it was hilarious how she would wiggle away from him and crawl away...bare tushy and all! I always did and still do tell her what we are doing, describing etc...asking her to point out body parts...nose, ears, eyes, belly button etc...We have a little routine and end the changing/dressing with a hug and a kiss...I love that! (my reward:)) On another note, I do definitely work up a sweat with her almost running now though! She is VERY good at the swerve and also the u-turn and take off and giggle in the opposite direction moves! (especially with Mommy's cell phone in hand:)). Hugs, Lori & Rachel
No advice here (not at the wriggling stage!) but my goodness he is SUCH a cutie! I hope he sleeps a bit better soon.
I'm sorry, but I couldnt help myself from giggling, just look at him, he just SOOOOOOOOO dang adorable!!
Lets see...what did I do when my babes where on the run while I was trying to change them, my son was the worse, I did the same thing your doing! Sounds like he know how to work his mommy on those nap times! and enjoy them Jamie.
Love & Hugs~
Annette
p.s.
;)
Oh he is so adorable...and that smile would be hard to resist. I hope he is sleeping better and that you are getting some rest.
go your post on my blog--we are going to Hawaii! After much debate we decided to just do it! Thanks for the kind words!
I've always heard that you should make one toy the "special toy" for diaper changes only, and stick consistently to that. That way there is some incentive for lying still long enough to get a fresh diaper.
It sounds like you've tried a lot of things though, so maybe this is just a stage he has to go through?
I also had to laugh at your description of him flipping over and playing with you right at nap time...what a ham!!
Melba
Post a Comment