Friday, September 18, 2009

Busy Around Here

Just a few little tidbits from our life lately. :)

Last Saturday we had a retirement party for my dad! :) He had been with his company for 31.5 years and we wanted to celebrate the hard work and dedication he gave to his job and taking such wonderful care of his family. His retirement came a little bit early for his comfort initially (new management at work and a lack of human thoughtfulness) but by the time he actually "left the building" his mind was already well into retirement mode. :) I think there has been a permanent smile on his face each time I've seen him since then and I have a feeling it's just going to keep getting better! He's not the type to sit around doing nothing ~ he has plans and he's not afraid to bring them to fruition. :) I'm so proud of him.....his ethics and the way he can turn a really *crappy* (i'd love to say another word there) situation into something positive! I'm so excited for he and my mom and the next stage of their journey together. Congratualtions dad ~ YOU ARE AWESOME! :)
On Monday I was scheduled to take the NET (nursing entrance test). My appointment was scheduled for 2pm.......I'm planning on applying to the nursing program this coming December and this is one of the criteria for admission. I was pretty nervous about it, but I had been studying (ha ~ when does the mom of a 7 month old have time to study?! :)) the study guide for a couple of weeks. You have to get a certain number of points to pass it. If you don't, you have the option to re-take it after 60 days. So.....it was a bit more difficult than I expected but....I passed it!! :) Sooo happy to have that behind me. Next step.....Chemistry this Fall. I start the week after Cassie's wedding and end the last week of November. It's only an 8 week class and I'm a bit stressed about finding the *time* to get that amount of work done, but it's the only class that really worked with everything that was going on this Fall. I can do it.....I can do it! :)(me & milo singing "itsy bitsy spider" ~ it's his favorite song right now :))

On Tuesday we learned that Matt's dad had a heart attack and was in the hospital. :( It's really difficult for Matt to be away from his family when things like this happen. I completely understand and always encourage him to be with them when he needs to. I really wished all of us could be there, but on *short notice* like that ~ it's difficult to get everyone together in the timeframe that it needs to happen. I'm just glad Matt was able to do what felt comfortable and important to him.....and that was to be with his dad and his family. His dad is doing well and is home now.......thank goodnes!!! Now let's just pray that it doesn't happen again ~ he has such an important place in our family and we would never be the same without him. (hint hint to Duke if you're reading this ~ if there is a next time....GO STRAIGHT TO THE HOSPITAL! :))

The rest of the week has been full of trying to figure out little Milo and why he doesn't want to take naps or sleep at night......he only wants to follow me around whining (loudly) but really doesn't want to be picked up or put down. :( He's been waking up around 4am ready for the day! Mommy is worn out! :)
Today I get to babysit my nephew Asher and my niece Journey (ages 5 & almost 3) It's going to be a busy day!!! :) Looking forward to spending some time with them. :)

10 comments:

Vonda said...

Whew! So many things going on! Yeah, congratulations to your dad. I'm sure he will keep very busy and keep your mom busy too..."cause she hasn't posted since before the party!! Too bad about Matt's dad. I hope he continues to improve. Good luck on your nursing studies. I'm sure you will do well. And that little Milo is sooo busy too and doesn't want to miss a thing!!

Kel said...

Wow! I'll be praying for your FIL.
And your nursing school! Good for you! The world needs good nurses!

And yay for retired grandpas!

As for Mr. Milo, perhaps he's teething???? That is my only guess!
Kel

Debbie said...

WOW! You have had your hands full :) I knew you took the test and was wondering how it went. I am glad you passed...one more thing off of the list! Our prayers go out to you, Matt and his family. Hopefully Milo starts to get back to a routine so everyone can get some sleep. Miss you and hope to see you soon. Have fun with the full house this afternoon! :)

Bri said...

How cool is it that we can FINALLY hang out with our little ones outside!! Yay for less than 100 degree weather!

I hope you get some good sleep soon!

Annette said...

WoW! your going to be busy and sounds like you have been busy!! You are such a beautiful person, your going to make an EXCELLENT nurse. Glad to hear Matts dad is home, my real Dad lives in Oaklahoma and when he had his stroke, him and my step mother are winter bunnies, they where in Arizona, and I told my husband "Look! you've got 2 choices here, fly me to Arizona, or drive me" and he drove me, its hard to be apart from our parents, I LOVE the picture of you and Sir. Milo sitting on the grass!
Jamie, he has got to be one of cutest baby I've seen in a long time......just something about the little guy that makes my heart so very happy!!
Hugs to you~
Annette
p.s.
;) ya, you know lol

Melba said...

Wow...looks like I've missed a lot of your recent posts. I wonder why blogger isn't keeping track of updates?

Congratulations on passing your NET test! My sister just graduated from nursing school, so I know exactly what you're talking about, and how stressful it can be! Being in school with a baby is HARD work, but you will do fine!! Good luck with your chemistry class, I wasn't very good at chemistry. :(

Anyway...so sorry to hear about the heart attack, and I hope Matt's dad will be OK!

Looks like other things are going well, but phooey to the no sleeping thing! My guess is that Milo is too interested in/excited about what's going on and doesn't want to slow down to sleep. It could also be a phase since he's so much more mobile now. Good luck getting it figured out and getting some rest for mommy!!

Hugs,

Melba

kimberly said...

whew.....the way i feel today too! :-) i love.love.love those photos of you and milo singing the spider song....i have seen how he just LOVES his mommy singing that story to him! :-)
and you know we are so proud of you and your continued effort in this endeavor jamer.....
xoxo

Marilyn said...

Wow! You are a busy lady and had a very busy week. I am glad everything is going well with Matt and his family. That is very stressful!

Congrats on passing your test. You will find time--women always find time :)

Julie and Greg said...

Jamie, I just read this about Matt's dad! So sorry, but glad he is doing better!That had to be very scary!

Milo's pics continue to be adorable!

Good luck with the nursing stuff, we really do need good nurses!!

Anonymous said...

Too cute!