Milo has been takings steps for about a month now, but most often chose to crawl over walking. He's all about getting places as fast as he possibly can...and crawling was the way! :) This past Wednesday afternoon he seemed to be choosing to walk more often than crawling....it's so strange how these things just happen overnight. Since then, instead of letting go of whatever piece of furniture he's holding onto and dropping to his hands and knees....he just takes off walking. We clap for him and he thinks he's so cool! :) He still looks to "little" to be walking though.....I was in the bathroom and he came around the corner on his feet. I was kind of taken back because I'm so used to seeing him a bit lower to the ground! :) It brought tears to my eyes at how quickly he's growing.....I will post a video soon, but for now here's a picture that shows just how proud he is of himself. :)
I recently took him in for his 9 month well baby. He is 21.5 lbs which seems like a pretty good sized little dude, but it only puts him in the 50% for his age. (i really can't imagine him any bigger! :)) He is 29.75 inches tall which puts him in the 75% and as always....his head is 18in and in the 50%. :) He's perfectly healthy and that's music to mommy and daddy's ears. :)
He's eating quite a bit of jarred baby food now. Although I recently bought some of the chunkier blend for 9 months and older and he gags on it. He has such a sensitive little gag reflex. However, we have given him little tiny pieces of chicken, beans, tomoatos, crackers, and he has no problem with those. He LOVES to have things he can feed himself. :) He is truly one of the most independent little ones I've ever been around. I'm still hoping for the day when he wants to just sit and cuddle. :) It's still possible, right? :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


15 comments:
he a genius! my hubbs walked at 9 months and he's the smartest guy I know...so I happen to believe early walkers are very intelligent :)
Sofia gagged on the chunkier baby food too, she preferred big people food to baby food.
congrats to you all for reaching another awesome milestone!!!
he is on.the.go!!!! i can't believe it either.....one day he's just off and running! :-)...and he is so proud of himself...and we are too....love that little sweet cheeked, beautiful little soul...with all our hearts!
xoxoxo
Wow! Get ready to run, Mommy Jamie! Can't wait for the video, but that photo is just adorable:)...he definitely seems to be ahead of the game...hugs, Lori & Rachel
Jamie... Oh my goodness! Milo is awesome! Wow... walking independently. He must be pretty confident in his balance and stability. I love that! Typical development is so much fun!!! He is such a blessing and an incredible little guy!!!!!
Jamie, you can desensitize Milo's sensitive gag reflex. If you provide tons of sensory/tactile input to his tongue it should help a lot to improve his tolerance of novel textures and varied consistencies. I generally use a z-vibe in therapy for oral/tongue sensitivity... but, they sell these really cool toothbrushes/NUK brushes at Babies R Us now that are almost just as good as the therapeutic version that I use in therapy. It has different tips that you can alternate (a rubber, knobby tip and a couple different sized toothbrush tips) and it vibrates (mild vibration). If you rub it around his mouth, especially on his tongue (top, sides... and gradually go further back with downward pressure), overtime, he should demonstrate increased acceptance of multi-textured foods and it should help with decreasing his sensitive gag reflex. It doesn't happen over night... but, it generally works!
Love to see happy pics of Milo! You are so blessed!
Take care of you... Hugs...!!!!!
Love always... Julie :)
Look at your little man!!! I love this picture!!! I can't believe he is walking already - you are in so much trouble now...hahaha!!!
N has a gag reflex to mashed potatoes and its so funny, I have to give him really really small bites of them or he gags so bad on them. That is the only thing he is supposed to have right now besides his baby food until he starts crawling and can get up on all four...
Hope he gets better with the food maybe he just needs to get used to it???
Congrats on the walking! I so remember that feeling of thinking how small they are and they are walking around. I had the same thing with Josie. Yes...there is always hope for cuddling too! :)
Jacob was the same with the chunky baby food. He had NO desire for it and would gag it back up. He loved "big people" food though. I think I started him on that at about 9 months...and he has done beyond fine in the growth department!
Miss you guys and hope you are well. Love to you all...
from the mama of an independent soul to the mama of another...the moments where they want to sit and cuddle are few and far between. but when they come, they are the best moments in the world.
love you guys.
Oh wow! Walking at 9 months! That's so cool!! You must be having so much fun with him. You have LOTS to be thankful for this Thanksgiving! Enjoy every minute of your holiday!! :)
Isn't the walking adorable? Mine gagged on the chunkier food at first. It just took some getting used to.
He's so cute! I love the pic! It seems like his stats are so much like R's! Congrats on the walking!
Oh my goodness, he's walking! That's quite an exciting milestone. You had better keep your running shoes handy to keep up with him :)
Can you believe he is walking already? What a fun age and big milestone!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Just look at that Milo!! I bet he could teach his Noni a thing or two about Balance! Ha
WOW, I cannot believe he's walking already...that is amazing!! He is a fiercely independent little man, but hey...that will definitely serve him well throughout life so I say it's great!
Congrats on your little man getting so big...it's truly awesome!
Hugs,
Melba
Congratulations Milo! Let your mommy snuggle you! Jamie, thank you so much for supporting me! what a wonderful woman you are!
Post a Comment