Wednesday, November 25, 2009

So thankful....

One year ago today we met Milo's birthmother for the first time. I had never been that nervous in my entire life. My heart was forever changed, we are forever blessed and I am so thankful for so much this year.

Wishing all of you a wonderful Thanksgiving with those you are most thankful for. This time of year can be so incredibly difficult for those still waiting to have the dream of parenthood become a reality. I am thinking of you all and I do not for a second take for granted where we are this year as opposed to the dark places we've been in the past. Wishing those people with aching hearts an especially peace-filled Thanksgiving.

8 comments:

Melba said...

I know...I feel so mixed, to be so incredibly thankful for what we have now, but also remembering too well how I felt at this time last year.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Jamie!!

Melba

kimberly said...

i am continually reminded of how blessed we are.....and continue to remember and pray for those who are on this journey and acheing for their wait to be over.......
love your words.
xoxoxo

Lori/RachelsMommy said...

I love your words too, Jamie...Happy Thanksgiving to your lovely Family...and Happy 1st Thanksgiving to little Milo!...hugs, Lori

Tom/Lorraine said...

God bless you and your family this Thanksgiving. And, thank you for your kind prayers for we who are still waiting. God has answered our prayers, we just have to wait for the "when" of that answer, and in that is our thanks.

Annette said...

Happy Thanksgiving too you and your family as well....
I think that baby could eat some turkey, just look at those pretty white teeth of his, Love it!!

Hugs~
Annette

p.s

Yip, smooches

Danielle said...

Hope you and your family had a great Thanksgiving Jamie! Thanks so much for all of your prayers and kind words :) You are such an inspiration to so many who are waiting :)

Malloryn said...

I hope that you and your families had a wonderful Thanksgiving! There is so much to be grateful for.

Marilyn said...

I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Happy Holidays! I wish you the best as you embark on a lot of "firsts" with the little guy. Have fun!!

Hugs to you!
Marilyn