Anyway.....me being a new mommy and all, I just have one question. Is THIS what they mean by "tummy time"??! :) :)
I also have to say that so many people have told me that being a mother is the hardest thing I will ever do (not to mention the most rewarding), and although I am tired and the demands of my time are in someone else's hands.........my heart does not deeply ache as it has the last 8 years. I can pick up, hold and cuddle my baby anytime I want to. I can't imagine anything better than that in the whole world. I don't wake up everyday with a yearning in my body, mind and spirit that brings me to my knees in pain because I cannot have it.
This....being milo's mommy brings an array of emotions....exhausting? yes. ~ time consuming? yes. But, I am WHOLE again ~ there is no difficulty in that ~ only pure joy and I am loving every moment of it. :) Colic and all :)


9 comments:
Hi Jamie! Great job with the "tummy time"!!! I think maybe we were doing it wrong:)?! I love how happy you sound...even with the colic and sleep deprivation...hugs to you and your precious baby boy...
I am so sorry about the colic. I can only imagine what you are going through with that. I am so happy you are finding the joy in motherhood even through the rough patches. You are such an amazing mommmy. I hope the colic goes away soon and you can all enjoy your moments even more!
Also, I dropped off a bag and a toy at your door this morning. I did not want to ring the bell in case a well deserved rest was going on! :)
oh, what a sweet sweet photo, jamie....so precious!
and i LOVE your words.....amazingly, beautifully said......
through it all....feeling thankful and whole. amen.
xoxoxo
I'm sorry about the colic and hope it goes away soon! I'm glad it's not getting you down. Love the photo!
O'Jamie....my oldest had colic, and to top it off she was lactose intolerant..YIKES!!!! a double whammy, I my milk was perfect for her, BUT I didn't produce enough, so that's when I found out about the milk thing and switched her over to soy, and she got better, I remember thinking "This is what I just HAD to have" your darn right it was, after 3 miscarriages, I was thrilled to have a bowling baby to hold!! This is one of the toughest time for baby & mommy & daddy! God bless you all! o yea, he's got an adorable little tummy.
Hugs
Annette
p.s.
smooches please to Milo =)
Have you tried infant massage? There's the hand over hand method where you rub down his belly from chest to belly button, or the backward S, from baby's right draw a backward s with your hand starting under his right armpit and ending near the left side of his bellybutton. I read about it once and it sounded like a good thing!
I love visiting this blog and seeing his sweet face!! Pres had colic and acid reflux really bad her first three months, and it is really heart breaking!!! I learned a couple of ways to ease the colic so if you want to chat call or e-mail me. mmalou8@aol.com
I am so happy that you are at such peace with your life, Milo is amazing!!
Hugs,
Mandy
As usual, your words bring me hope! I love this post, and the "tummy time" photo is priceless!
I'm sorry about the colic, while I've only had experience of the variety that can be sent home at night, I do know that colic can be trying for baby and care givers!
Also, if you haven't already heard of miracle blankets, check it out! I have heard only good things about these, and having used one with my niece, I can finally attest to their awesomeness. Their web site says, "stops colic, guaranteed" so who knows! I don't know if it will solve all your problems, but I do know it can help soothe a very upset baby! http://www.miracleblanket.com/
Thinking of you,
Melba
i can attest to the miracle blanket. they are awesome.
he is the cutest!!!
Post a Comment