Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Saturday with Grandpa GG :)

Grandpa GG wanted to get all of his great grandchildren together for his anual Christmas photo. (3 of his great grandkiddos live on the other side of the country so they weren't able to be there).Last Saturday we all met at his house for pictures and Happy Meals! :) This was obviously the first year our family was able to participate in this event and believe me, it was not taken for granted. Each past year, this picture just dug into my heart a little deeper....I had no idea when our baby was going to show up in that picture and how many more years we were going to have to wait. Well, here we are. :) And it was a very wonderful day! Watching all the little ones play at Grandpa's house brought back SO many memories of when my sisters and I would play with our cousins just the same way.Grandpa GG even got into the wheelbarrow for a fun photo with all the kids! :) We thoroughly enjoyed being a part of this special picture day. :) Here's some wheelbarrow fun!! :)

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

Bri said...

Oh my word! I love the photo with grandpa and all the grandkids! Where are all the girls?

Annette said...

How sweet...
and extra sweet that Milo is can partcipate in the picture. I noticed Matt had his "pink ribbon" on in the picture of him and Milo, I loved it.
You have a such a GREAT family!

Hugs~
Annette
p.s.
;) uh, hu...you know

Lori/RachelsMommy said...

Oh, fun...for some reason this brought tears to my eyes today, Jamie. They are all great pics but I really like the one with GGrandpa holding all the kids all around him...how sweet:)...my Grandpa just turned 95 in September and I love it when he gets a chance to see Rachel. It is the cutest thing seeing the happy looks on their faces when they look at the children:)...oh, and adorable pics with Milo sitting in the grass with the other little one...hugs, Lori

Debbie said...

Jamie, how cute are those pictures! I love the one of Grandpa GG in the wheelbarrow with the kids. He is smiling like a kid himself. So glad you are getting to experience the newfound joy of this season with your family. Much love to you...

Terri Edwards said...

how lucky Milo is to have such a big beautiful family that loves him. and how lucky they all are to have him!!

what great photos and memories :)

Tom/Lorraine said...

Love these photos!!! The wheelbarrow pic is hilarious and SO NICE! Thanks for sharing them!

Kel said...

Grandpa in the wheelbarrow too! That is just awesome! What a good humored man! :D I love his glasses! What a fun picture to be a part of!

Love to you!

Melba said...

OH MY!!! That picture at the bottom, with all the kids piled on top of him, that is AMAZING! You have to blow that up and frame it!!

It must fill you with such immeasurable joy to be able to be a part of this beautiful, growing family with YOUR son! I know that for me, during infertility, one of my biggest fears was that I would never give my parents more grandchildren.

This is so, so sweet...love the post!

Hugs,

Melba

Danielle said...

How adorable! Grandpa looks so happy and overjoyed! I bet you were also overyjoyed this year to have Milo as part of the photo session! What fun pictures and what a great post! Thanks for sharing :)

kimberly said...

looks like everyone had a great day!!! memories are treasures to hold on to for years to come....looks like some were made this day that will last in these little minds! :-).....what a bunch of beautiful grandbabies we all have!!! and i am so so thankful that your little family is having so many firsts .....we enjoy it so right along with you sweetie!!!
xoxoxo