And then Walk Toward It"
60 Miles over 3 Days......Too Inspired To Be Tired!
We just experienced supporting the 3-Day walkers for the 5th year in a row! :) It is an amazing weekend filled with more inspiration than you could ever imagine. This year we had 3 family members walking and 3 friends (one of whom is a survivor herself). They did amazingly well! My uncle walked his 4th 3-day this year by himself. My mom has walked with him up to this year and I think it was harder on her to be watching the walkers that actually walking herself. :)
So here they are:
My Uncle Ken
Cousins Kelleigh and Sara
Albuquerque Girls Cathy, Emily and Anissa
And the cheerleading squad! :)
mom - helping the gorilla with his bra! :)
I certainly didn't take near as many pictures this year ( a little different with a wee one is tow!) :) I didn't get pictures of all of the many supporters that were there cheering these walkers on, but got a few good pics anyhow. :)
I huge THANK YOU to all of the walkers who are doing their part in making this a world without breast cancer!!! My sister Cassie is 100% committed to doing the walk next year and keeps reminding me that it's my turn too. :) I started thinking about how tired I feel all the time and my aches and pains here and there.....then I thought "some of these women are walking while going through cancer treatment!" if they can do it while fighting through that....I can handle a few aches and pains! :)


6 comments:
Great cause! My grandma and Aunt are cancer survivors! We always walk in our Breast Cancer walk they have downtown every year, its amazing to see all the survivors walking in their pink and how many others come in support of loved ones they have lost and others just that come to support the cause and help raise money for it! What an awesome day!!!
awesome Jamie!! I soooo want to do this too! Trying to get some of my friends and family to join me! Love all the pictures and Milo's shirt!
first off, love the pictures! the baby with head scarf....way too cute, then seeing that adorable baby in the stroller, nibbling on cheerios, even cuter. I love how a community can come together for something like this, and you all share the same thing, "Love, awareness & a cure" I get so teary eyed over things like this, it touches everyone some how and in some way. My mom is breast cancer survivor for 20? years now, all because our God is a healing God!!
Hugs~
Annette
p.s.
smooches please to Mr. Milo
Is that a commitment I hear????? :)
great photos jame!!! :-)....it was different being on the supporter side this year....but i am so glad that i got that opportunity also...it was really great to see all the walkers at the various hours of the day...still trudging on with determination!!! and thank you to everyone who came out and was able to support the walkers this year.....these little wee ones will remember this...what a wonderful thing to bring them up supporting!!!
love you!
Great pictures Jamie! It's a great cause and it looks like you all had fun!
Post a Comment